U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Current Forum Traffic Warrant the Creation of a New Lehigh Valley Sub-Forum for Lehigh and Nort
Yes. 31 75.61%
No. 10 24.39%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 PM

31,295 posts, read 69,892,652 times

Advertisements

I've been noticing a lot of inquiries about the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area are being split between being posted in the Northeastern Pennsylvania sub-forum and the General Pennsylvania forum, which has lead to some confusion and might not properly connect inquiries with those who can answer them. I have a map posted as a "sticky" at the top of the NEPA sub-forum showing which counties are included, but someone new to the state might not realize that Lehigh and Northampton Counties are not amongst them. These two counties don't really fall into the Philadelphia Area either, so they've essentially become "stuck in the middle."

With a population of 800,000 and increasing daily, the Lehigh Valley has just as many residents as the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/Pocono area and is nearing the point, in my opinion, where a new sub-forum should be considered. Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton is becoming a popular relocation destination for folks from NJ, NY, and Philadelphia, and this is something that should also be taken into consideration.

Thank you for reading, and please take the time to exercise your Democratic right to vote!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,905,927 times
I always wondered how NE PA received a sub-forum, when the Lehigh Valley is the third largest metro area in the state. Although you don't have the Lehigh Valley in Northeast PA, I have seen other sites include it in NE PA. But I have never seen it included in southeast (Philly area) PA.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:57 AM

12,871 posts, read 29,530,398 times
It makes sense to me to have a Lehigh Valley sub-forum. We're just as unique as NE PA and the Philadelphia area.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:54 AM

39 posts, read 207,095 times
It would be very helpful!

Old 11-15-2007, 01:53 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,905,927 times
Helpful indeed

Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 PM

Well I'm also a regular in the Upstate NY forum, and it appears as if they're close to clinching a Buffalo sub-forum. In a reply to that thread the site's Administrator said that he (or she) was in the process of adding new sub-forums in various states to streamline operations. There's a pretty good chance of the Lehigh Valley being added as well in the upcoming weeks, and I was hoping the results of this poll would reflect that.

Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton is very distinct from both Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and Philadelphia. It can't blend in with either metropolitan area.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:02 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,973,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
It makes sense to me to have a Lehigh Valley sub-forum. We're just as unique as NE PA and the Philadelphia area.
I agree!!

Lately, it does take me some time to weed through the threads to find the ones that pertain to the Lehigh Valley.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:45 PM

46 posts, read 161,788 times
That would be great! I love the idea!

Old 11-19-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
That would be great! I love the idea!
Hopefully Yac will come across this poll and recommend that the Administrator adds it onto his list of future sub-forums. With 800,000 people, the Lehigh Valley is large enough to have its own sub-forum, and it doesn't fit in with either Northeastern PA or Philadelphia. There's really no reason to add any other state sub-forums besides the Lehigh Valley at this time though. The city with the next highest level of volume seems to be Harrisburg, but the General PA forum should suffice for now.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:03 PM

13,320 posts, read 20,788,171 times
Plus I did an email to that area this morning about having a "2 hour delay" there......Which got me a call from the SIL asking if he missed something.
They had hardly any snow.........and they had a full school day.
Here all of us were with closed schools! Six to 10 inches of snow........we're all
shoveling, plowing, and listening to kids not on their way to school.
They........had a full day of school , no delay, .......with nothing much going on at all.
( Forks, Easton, anyhow)........So it sure would help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or