U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 07:01 AM

6,822 posts, read 5,908,275 times

Advertisements

I just had a phone interview for a job in Coopersburg.. It went pretty good I think.. So I was checking out the area a bit to see if it is a good fit ..

I'm not a big city type of guy, and with the population of Coopersburg I don't think I will have that problem.. I'm also not an extremely small town guy, which is what it looks like I get with Coopersburg. So I was wondering about some nearby towns which could be good to check out.. The big question regarding commute is the drive and whether or not there is a rush hour.. One thing I absolutely do not like is sitting in my car at a standstill to get to work.. so I would avoid this at all costs.. Are there any good towns nearby to commute to Coopersburg, and if so could you point me in the right direction and how is the traffic? Also I need to take into account cost of living, which seems a bit more than it is in west PA.

I also have some questions regarding the type of lifestyle in this region. I read somewhere on citydata about some nearby region that seemed to have a reputation for more of a party town.. that's not what I'm looking for at all.. I am looking for a quite-type town.. I'm a simple guy that enjoy more of a family-type oriented location.

Another thing I am looking into is the type of opportunities to do activities outside.. things like kayaking, camping, hiking, biking, sking, etc.. Is there any places nearby which would be good to check out?

Thank you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 07:18 AM

2,896 posts, read 5,209,889 times
Since your job would be in Coopersburg, I'd live there or Center Valley or even Quakertown. The Southern Lehigh School district is highly rated if you have kids, otherwise any of those towns would make sense for you.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:56 AM

12,210 posts, read 12,550,184 times
Bear Creek Mountain Resort & Conference Center

Coopersburg is a nice Central place to live. You are an easy drive south to Quakertown for every day shopping, an easy drive north to Promenade shops for high end dining and shopping, and you are 15 miles from Bear Creek where you can get an affordable season pass for snowboarding and other activities.

From Coopersburg it is a 6 mile drive to Hellertown Park and Ride where you can catch a bus to Manhattan if you get tired of small towns. There is frequent service so you can spend all day in Manhattan without the huge expense of a hotel room there.

I see no advantage to commuting. You should just live there, and drive to other activities.

Coopersburg is 599 acres with population 2,386
Upper Upper Saucon Township is 15,784 acres with population 14,808

Many people would kill to get a good paying job in Coopersburg.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:49 PM

13,008 posts, read 30,721,440 times
I think you should give Coopersburg a try. From your other posts, I think you might also want to look into Bible Fellowship church. They have active outreach groups for all ages. Calvary Bible Fellowship Church :: Coopersburg, PA - Home

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:49 PM

The 18036 zip code is Coopersburg which is about 13,000 people, as opposed to the municipality of 2400 people. The more affordable housing is going to be in the borough itself, but there are options.

There are a number of places within driving distance, 1) Hellertown with access to NYC ,
2) Lake Nockamixon with outdoor activities, 3) Bear Creek with snowboarding at night, 4) Allentown for local night life, 5) De Sales University for culture, 6) Lehigh University for college hangouts and ethnic food, 7) Quakertown for shopping and movies, 8) Promenade shops for high end shopping, dining, and IMAX movies.

But Coopersburg is centrally located. There is no compelling reason to move to be nearer to any of these places. Coopersburg has affordable housing so it makes more sense to live where you have no commute, and then drive to these other places.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:03 PM

Oh, and they just opened a rail trail from the local park, Living Memorial, in Coopersburg, to Upper Saucon Park and all the way to Hellertown. It's really nice for walking, biking or running. Saucon Rail Trail

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:24 AM

4,212 posts, read 8,306,633 times
Coopersburg is a great community. This will not be a popular recommendation but Coopersburg is the site of the Gentlelman's Club Silhouettes. There is no cover, you go drink a beverage and the woman come right up to you and dance. Throw them a few dollars and enjoy. What I usually do in that case is get up and pretend I am going to the bathroom. Overall decent looking women dancing and shaking it all around you. I am due for a return.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-21-2013 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: removed one comment

Old 10-21-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
This will not be a popular recommendation but Coopersburg is the site...
As the OP is clearly a very religious person, this information is of little benefit to him.

In general it is best to give info helpful to the OP. If not, then start a new thread for people who want to talk about the best strip clubs.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Coopersburg is a great community. This will not be a popular recommendation but Coopersburg is the site of the Gentlelman's Club Silhouettes. There is no cover, you go drink a beverage and the woman come right up to you and dance. Throw them a few dollars and enjoy. What I usually do in that case is get up and pretend I am going to the bathroom. Overall decent looking women dancing and shaking it all around you. I am due for a return.
ugh! I've got to say that most people I know don't think of that as a positive for our community.

Realtors, See This.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,093 times
Default Looking for the right fit

I am a born and bred Pennsylvanian. I relocated to No. Calif 30 yrs ago to marry a man who only ever lived in California. It something hard to describe, but there is a huge difference between the 2 states! I was married for 25 yrs, raised two beautiful and successful children. Unfortunately the marriage ended in divorce 3 yrs ago. Though it was necessary for me to relocate at the age of 23, my heart never left my beloved Pennsylvania!

Now it is time to come home, but as a single 52 yr old woman, where?! I am looking for an area that isn't all married people with families. Though I am a small town girl, and truly prefer that lifestyle, it doesn't lend itself well to meet single men. Now this is not the reason I am looking for a place is Pennsylvania that is a good fit for me. I am anxious to get back and be in close proximity to my extended family, who are spread out from the Upper Perkiomen Valley to Princton, N.J.
My mission now is to find an area in N.E. Pennsylvania that is close to amenities, shopping, medical care, and also offers outdoor activities that aren't ridiculously far away.
Right now I am looking in the Coopersburg, Lehigh Valley area, even down Rt 100 to Gilbertsville.

If you have any advice I would really appreciate hearing from you!

Last edited by toobusytoday; 04-01-2014 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: fixed typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley