Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 AM

3 posts, read 13,370 times

Advertisements

Gang activity is everywhere.They are recruiting through face bookaccross the country. They have hit local school children as young as the 4th and 5th grades. I have worked closely with the allentown juvenile gang taskforce and the APD and juvenile probation department as well. The bottom line is it is out of control and themore they try to get it under control the worse it gets. They are out numbered by these kids and with the problem growing in places that authorities and parents cant always be i see no hope anytime soon of it getting better. Coming from a parent who knows the best measure is to be aware and proactive with all your kids do. When we report crime that we may see out of our windows also report the things that seem off with our own children and their peers. It canhappen in anyones home regardless of family backround
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 09:28 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Bethlehem View Post
As someone who is most likely younger than most of the poster's in this forum, I can say that regardless of what some people would like you to believe, gang activity is highly isolated to certain areas. You rarely read about non gang members or regular people becoming victims of gang violence. And when you do its usually in the areas you would expect. Every once in a blue moon you read about muggings in certain areas but always late at night and in areas where you would know to avoid. For the most part you dont have to worry about being a target of gangs, center city allentown is the worst for gang activitey, but its mostly because the gang members can afford to live there. Easton has some areas as well, and Bethlehem has literally only 2 areas where it could be considered a problem.

If you dont involve yourself in their world, like hanging out in late at night in the poorer areas, the dingy clubs and bars they go to, buy drugs, etc etc you most likely will never deal with them. But of course if you have kids its best you avoid areas where they are alltogether.

Can you spell out what areas are the worst? I ask because I might return someday (think elephant's graveyard) and remember all of Allentown as safe except for a little bit South of Hamilton on 6th 7th 8th Streets...a LONG time ago, like I said.
I hear that things have changed MIGHTILY.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,137,694 times
Anything from 16th st and East is a war zone. There is some cause for concern from 17th through 21st. The undesirable elements of all races have been circulating around these parts.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:19 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Anything from 16th st and East is a war zone. There is some cause for concern from 17th through 21st. The undesirable elements of all races have been circulating around these parts.

So then 22nd and West.
Gee, that doesn't leave a lot of Allentown left. That is sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley