Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 5,312 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know/have reviews about Grace Montessori School in Allentown Center City.
I live in Bethlehem and have been having a hard time finding the right Preschool for my son
that fits most of our criteria.
I did visit the Datzyk Montessori - seems ok - their tuition fees seems to be a bit higher and
they are not very flexible in terms of extended care. Even for 1hr beyond 3pm, we have to pay
in full.
With Grace Montessori, apart from its location being Center city, the moment you walk inside the
door, it is a whole different place - the director and teachers seem very nice, the kids seem
much more focussed and involved in their activities - the tuition is a little lesser than Datzyk -
flexible extended-care hours.
I wanted to know of parents who are sending their child to Grace Montessori and if it is safe given
that the school is in Center city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 5,278 times
Default Montessori

We were delighted with Grace Montessori. Our two kids were there for 6 years (overlapping one year, one was there 3 years and one 4 years). The teachers were great! As were the kids and other parents.

We never had any safety problems or concerns. The building is within 50 yards of PPL's new building, and PPL's employees use the parking ramp. Newly renovated lofts have opened up close by, the new brewworks is nearby, and new townhomes are selling 2 blocks away on Linden Street. We felt our kids were very safe there, and well-educated. And they loved it!

Old 03-09-2008, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,188 times
Default LOVE Grace Montessori!!!!

My 8 yr old has been at Grace since pre-school. She is now in 2nd grade at their Lower Elementary Site. So, this is 5 years now, she is a "lifer". We LOVE it! The teachers love what they do, and are extremely dedicated to the methods of Maria Montessori. They are warm, caring, creative, brilliant, a breed unto thier own. My daughter has benefitted enormously from being there since she was a toddler. I also looked at the other "Montessori" school in the area, but...no comparison. The facility is secure, there are no safety issues due to it's location. Please take a tour, meet the director and the teachers, and go and see the children in the prepared environment. There is one of the best things that you could do for your children at this tender age.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,152 times
My son just started at Grace this January. I looked at the other local Montessori school and read the reviews online. Between speaking with the director, reading the reviews, and speaking with some parents I lost interest. The location of Grace made me a little apprehensive at first as well.... but now I have no concerns. The teachers and administration are amazing and the prepared environment works so well for children. I am a certified Elementary and Special Education teacher and I can truly say that Montessori is the way to go. The way the teachers at Grace break things down and explain things is truly amazing. My son has grown so much in just 3 months. I highly recommend you take a tour and talk to the director. I am sure you will like what you see.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 5,568 times
Default elle

I am certain that by now you have found a Montessori school.
We were in your same position and were invited to send our child to Datzyk for a trial morning. It was an eye-opening experience for us! At first he was reluctant but the teachers and other children handled him lovingly. When we picked him up at noon, he didn't want to leave! One of the teachers brought her 2 pet snakes to the school that day and in that short visit he acquired many interesting facts about reptiles. He is now enrolled for next year and we are more than pleased with our decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley