U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 04:12 PM

7 posts, read 8,688 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I will be joining St. Lukes university health in Ostrum St, Bethlehem (Mid-June), I have 1 year old kid and my spouse is searching for a job.
I am looking for apartments/ town homes in safe communities, near to my hospital.. budget would be <$1700. any suggestions ?

thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 05:33 AM

10,685 posts, read 11,542,511 times
Default woodmont mews

One & Two Bedroom Bethlehem PA Apartments | Woodmont Mews

Woodmont Mews are the newest apartment complex in Bethlehem. Roughly 2.5 miles to St Lukes.

http://www.kriegmanandsmith.com/pa/b...asp?FPID=41834
Brighton Court Apartments is a renovation of a 19th century building within walking distance of St Lukes.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:51 AM

2,834 posts, read 4,950,138 times
I'm not sure what they are renting for nowadays, but the townhouses in Center Valley are about a 15 minute drive to St. Luke's Bethlehem. If a ~15 to 20 minute drive isn't bad for you, see if there is anything around 378 & 22 (although 22 gets backed up in the mornings, but 378 isn't bad).

Old 04-06-2017, 09:17 AM

Thank you Pacomartin and blazerj !
Woodmont mews seems good , we would definitely keep that in our list.
I saw listing of 2 townhomes in Oak St Freemansburg... any idea how is that place ?
@blazerj ~ 15 minutes drive is fine .. I will see trulia/zillow if there is any listing in Center Valley.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:53 PM

36 posts, read 92,712 times
I live in Freemansburg and love it. The townhouses on Oak are located behind the police/fire dept (you will hear the siren at the firehouse). I haven't heard any bad about the townhouses. Friendly, safe community. 10-15 minutes to St Lukes.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:38 AM

thanks HALIT

Old 05-04-2017, 02:09 PM

14 posts, read 8,373 times
I would recommend Bethlehem Fields Apartments on Cherry Ln which is right off I78 on South 412 and is only 10-12 minute drive down to Ostrum st without traffic. It can get clogged at times on the intersection but this area of Hellertown/Bethlehem side is really peaceful, very safe and family friendly. You wouldn't worry about property damage or theft being this apartment.

Rent is less then 1700 for a two bedroom unit and for 1700 i believe you can opt for one of their townhomes. Very well kept complex, great manager and staff running the place. Safe to walk your little one any time of day. I always see parents walking their kids on strollers. IT's a walkable neighborhood where you see couples walking together, people jogging, walking their dogs.

There are nearby playgrounds and walkable main st via Hellertown which is just across the street of the apartment complex! This area is so close to the saucon rail trail, hellertown library that has a very active 1-3 years old story-time activities all week. Really great community in this area.

Avoid: Spring Garden Townhomes and other apartments in this area where it's at (18017). Avoid renting down southside, fountain hill.

Bethlehem Fields apartments are technically on a bethlehem zipcode and school district but you'll end up enjoying the community of Hellertown which give it that small town feel.

Closeby the apartment - via Hellertown would be Giant, CVS, RITEAID, Small businesses along main st, Dolce Patisserie (deisgner chocolates), thrift store, 7 eleven, statefarm, and more.

I am suggesting this apartment because I've lived here for 4 years (2007) and moved out and came back 3 years later and rented with them going 3 years now. I came back to this apartment because it was just the best in terms of management, location, and price.

Last edited by mary28; 05-04-2017 at 02:25 PM..

Old 05-19-2017, 10:34 AM

113 posts, read 112,354 times
I can't recommend any particular apartments or townhomes, but consider looking in Bethlehem Township. It's to the east of Bethlehem. I've driven in that area and it looks really nice--very suburban, almost rural, and it feels safe.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary28 View Post
I would recommend Bethlehem Fields Apartments on Cherry Ln which is right off I78 on South 412 and is only 10-12 minute drive down to Ostrum st without traffic. It can get clogged at times on the intersection but this area of ....................

You wouldn't worry about ve lived here for 4 years (2007) and moved out and came back 3 years later and rented with them going 3 years now. I came back to this apartment because it was just the best in terms of management, location, and price.
Thanks Mary28 , This is very helpful.

Best

Old 06-11-2017, 08:02 PM

39 posts, read 53,316 times
how are the Madison Farms apartments near the St. Lukes hospital? Is that a nice place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley