Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 09:16 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times

Advertisements

The family went to Dorney Park yesterday and found out you have to pay $42 for both the water park and ride park even if you don't want to go swimming. The problem is there is no way to enjoy both sections in one day because it's not enough time to get on all the rides if you go to wild water kingdom for 3 hours or more. Plus the section with the rides closes at 10pm and you end up feeling cheated when you leave at the end of the day. Seems like the water section should close at 4pm and the rides section should close at 11pm so there is a even balance between both parks. It's weird that you don't have an option to say you only want to ride all day and not go to the water section.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 10:40 AM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
You think Wildwater Kingdom should close at 4 because you felt that you didn't have enough time to enjoy it? The park is open for 12 hours daily. I've been there and done both with a child.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You think Wildwater Kingdom should close at 4 because you felt that you didn't have enough time to enjoy it? The park is open for 12 hours daily. I've been there and done both with a child.
So you were able to get on all the rides and stand in line after being in wild water kingdom all day? How was that possible if the rides section close at 10pm? When I factor in walking to each ride and waiting time I don't see how someone can do both in one day. It makes more sense to stay at a hotel and make it a four day weekend so you can go to the water section on saturday and rides section on sunday.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:54 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
The answer is that you don't do ALL the rides. You start at the water park, do that until lunch, change your clothes and do the regular rides. It costs about $90 for one day at Disneyworld and you know you wouldn't get to do "all the rides" there. You pick and choose and do the ones you really want to do.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
The answer is that you don't do ALL the rides. You start at the water park, do that until lunch, change your clothes and do the regular rides. It costs about $90 for one day at Disneyworld and you know you wouldn't get to do "all the rides" there. You pick and choose and do the ones you really want to do.
I think it would be better to check into a hotel for the weekend across from the park so we can go to the water section on saturday and the rides section on sunday. Friday evening would be for dinner and Monday would be for lunch after checking out which would complete the four day weekend.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:06 PM

Sounds like a great idea and one where you would really get to cover the whole park. Want to retract that scam comment?

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-09-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a great idea and one where you would really get to cover the whole park. Want to retract that scam comment?
It still looks that way because some families may not want to swim at all. Why should someone be forced to pay for a section that they have no interest in using that one day?

Old 07-10-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
It still looks that way because some families may not want to swim at all. Why should someone be forced to pay for a section that they have no interest in using that one day?
Because their marketing concept is that you are getting more bang for your buck - two parks in one! That way they can charge more because you are getting more and it's a heck of a lot easier personnel wise to man it as one park.

When we moved here, one of the things we did the first two years was to get annual passes. We would come once a week. On a hot day the kids would just stay in the water park and ride a couple of coasters. In the early season when it wasn't hot out, they would just stay in the dry section. There are a lot of locals that do that - they avoid weekends when the buses come in and do the park for a few hours during the week.

Realtors, See This.

Old 07-10-2017, 08:12 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,904,466 times
Quote:
But Disney World is 10X as nice and larger than Dorney. Also, Disney has the fast pass, which allows you to schedule times on the popular rides (does Dorney?).

Sadly, I have never been to Dorney. I was going to go last week, but choose to go to (or was lobbied) Belmar with my kids instead.

TBT: Any other tips for Dorney (I didn't know about weekend busses)? I'm going to go with the kids in August, but the oldest is only going to be a 1st grader, so can't go on all of the rides? Thanks!

Old 07-10-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj View Post
But Disney World is 10X as nice and larger than Dorney. Also, Disney has the fast pass, which allows you to schedule times on the popular rides (does Dorney?).

Sadly, I have never been to Dorney. I was going to go last week, but choose to go to (or was lobbied) Belmar with my kids instead.

TBT: Any other tips for Dorney (I didn't know about weekend busses)? I'm going to go with the kids in August, but the oldest is only going to be a 1st grader, so can't go on all of the rides? Thanks!
Go during the week. They used to have a 1/2 after dusk pass that was handy for after the crowds leave, but I see they no longer have them. Looks like the best deal is to go with a season ticket holder: https://www.dorneypark.com/tickets-passes/daily-tickets. I think the little kid rides are much less crowded than the full size person rides. The best time to go is early or late in the season. A hot day with crowds from the cities is no fun. Looks like they do have a fast pass, but I don't know how well that works: https://www.dorneypark.com/tickets-passes/fast-lane

Realtors, See This.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley