Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2008, 09:52 PM

24 posts, read 65,082 times

Advertisements

im setting up fro this week or next week to come out and look at places these 3 areas for a place to rent whether it be a 2 family,duplex,small condo or house. im looking at anywhere from 550-750ish i know that may not sound like there is much option but with all forclosures gogin on some people with second homes are looking for people to rent out at least a yr or 2 so they dont loose them. also peolpe move out and in order to entice they have something reasonable. i lived in penn. in 93/94 in east stroudsburg fro $900 me and my family were able to find a very large place with property for rent. now im looking just for me as a 1bdrm but i think i might have a good feeling.

as far as work goes there should be something in willow grove or king of prussia. even taking rte 78 to jersey city in late morning and then taking a path train to nyc(yucksville) is cheaper for awhile till i find something in penn. if i have too.

if not then ill try vegas again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 05:45 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Alucard, Just a suggestion, but I would look for a job first and then a place to live. There are inexpensive hotels near all three places if you don't have any family or friends to stay with. It would be bad to sign a lease and then not have a job within a reasonable distance. It's kind of rare to find a house for rent around here. But, I'm sure you know what you are doing- good luck!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:52 AM

24 posts, read 65,082 times
i do both actually,a place to live and look for work i have sent out or filled out some applications already i got one reply to apply in person in king of prussia so i will probably swing by there after looking at a few places hopefully.
i figured it would be rare in my price range to find something but recently in the poconos people were renting out there vacation homes between 800-1200
a month for a yr on craigslist and soem were listed by realtors event hough there werent many but i wont know till i try again im looking at a couple of different living accomodations.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 AM

1,032 posts, read 4,264,732 times
Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley