U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:38 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,117,102 times

Advertisements

I have seen a few posts about places to eat, best school districts etc., but I have not really come across a thread with current transportation information from the Lehigh Valley area to New York, New Jersey and any other places so I'm starting this thread:

Anybody can chime in with comments, recommendations etc., about the various transportation services used or might have heard about.

Here is what I know about so far since my move to Bethlehem from NJ please feel free to list any others and share your experiences especially if you have a preference for any:

Trans-Bridge
Bieber
Gerareos International Transportation
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 11:20 AM

13,098 posts, read 31,263,953 times
The best airport! - ABE, so much more convienent then Newark or Philadelphia. Greyhound does go through but I don't know the details.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:30 AM

3,520 posts, read 8,740,134 times
The Greyhound service in the Lehigh Valley is very limited; only one bus daily in each direction on a route between New York and Harrisburg. Those buses stop in Allentown and Easton.

There is also limited service on Susquehanna Trailways (2 buses/day in each direction) between Bath, Easton, and New York. FWIW, Susquehanna Trailways also operates limited service between Allentown and Philadelphia (though Bieber Tourways operates more extensive service on that city pair).

Old 04-01-2008, 08:41 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
Default Fares and Stops

Trans-Bridge:

Fare: $30

Lehigh Valley to New Jersey (Newark Airport & Jersey City)

Lehigh Valley to New York (New York City, JFK Airport & Wall Street)

====================================

Carl Bieber:

Fare: $30

Lehigh Valley to New York (New York City)

=====================================

Gerareos International Transportation (Pick up from your home):

Fare: $25

Lehigh Valley to New Jersey (Newark Airport)

Lehigh Valley to New York (All Five Boroughs in NY)
1: Manhattan
2: Brooklyn
3: Queens
4: The Bronx
5: Staten Island

======================================

Please feel free to add to this..!!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:50 AM

I think I paid $34 round trip from Hellertown to Port Authority in October on Bieber. Where did you get the price info that you are listing Da Scorpion? On the (confusing) Bieber site it has different prices depending on where you are picked up and if the trip is one way or round trip.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:14 AM

I dont have a schedule for Bieber but as you stated their confusing website has different prices so I just averaged it to be around $30 but anyone willing to use their services should call them directly to find out their current fares.

I was just giving an idea as to how much one should be expecting to pay.

================

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I think I paid $34 round trip from Hellertown to Port Authority in October on Bieber. Where did you get the price info that you are listing Da Scorpion? On the (confusing) Bieber site it has different prices depending on where you are picked up and if the trip is one way or round trip.

Old 02-18-2011, 07:16 PM

95 posts, read 372,835 times
Hello,
I will be needing ground transportation from the Lehigh Valley International Airport this summer. Does anyone have experience with any of these services:

- Adamo Limousine
- Champagne Limousine
- Elite Limo
- Infinity Limousine
- J&J Limo
- Pennywise Sedan Service
- Quick Service Taxi
- Rhoads Limousine
- VIP Express Limousine Service

I am starting to contact some of them to request quotes, but I thought I would ask here as well in case anyone was familiar with them. Thank you!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:33 PM

I used J&J limo years ago to get my son had a bunch of other boy scouts to the airport. They were good.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:03 PM

627 posts, read 1,230,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkorpion View Post

Gerareos International Transportation (Pick up from your home):

Fare: $25

Lehigh Valley to New Jersey (Newark Airport)

Lehigh Valley to New York (All Five Boroughs in NY)
1: Manhattan
2: Brooklyn
3: Queens
4: The Bronx
5: Staten Island

======================================

Please feel free to add to this..!!
I just wanted to make a correction just to make it easier for folks to find it - it is Gerardo Transportation.

My Son and Daughter take this often to go to NYC. I use Bieber Bus to get to LV from DV. You can get tickets to NYC at the same station on Mechanic st and Adams in Bethlehem. It's a mobile housing with a ramp. No signs so you might miss it, aside from people waiting with their baggage.

Old 02-20-2011, 01:45 PM

I use the Bieber and leave from Hellertown. You buy your tickets at the TopStar gas station, which unfortunately, is not at the parking lot where you catch the bus, but just down the road about 1/4 mile. You can pay a couple of bucks more and just buy your tickets on the bus. Because it's the last stop before Port Authority the buses have been known to fill up, but then they will have a back up bus. Last time I went I think the cost was $41 round trip.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>