Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 09:37 PM

12 posts, read 32,717 times

Advertisements

I'm contemplating purchasing a new townhouse in Breinigsville, but don't know anything about PA. Since everyone has different tastes, I'm just looking for cold hard facts. I've read all 7 posts about Breinigsville, but some of my questions are still unanswered.

What are Breinigsville's demographics?
Is it rural, urban, city, country or suburban?
Is it a blue collar or white collar area?
Is it low class, lower-middle, middle or upper-middle class?
Is the crime rate extremely low, low, moderate, high, exceptionally high?
Is there any wildlife? (i.e., deer, bear, raccoon, geese)
One of the older posts mentioned the presence of trailers. Is this confined to one or two areas or are they dispersed throughout the town? If anyone could equate Breinigsville to Central/Northern NJ towns (in terms of income/crime levels), that would be ideal.

One of my concerns is the (lack of) safety in living solo right off Route 222. Any thoughts?

While doing some online research, I noticed that the Census Bureau and State of PA websites don't seem to recognize Breinigsville, but do recognize Upper Macungie Township. What, if anything, is the difference?

When I asked a sales rep about traffic, he told me I would never see congestion on Route 222. As for commuting to NJ, via Easton, he told me it would be a breeze because the highways are several lanes wide. I was pleasantly surprised to hear this, but one of the posts totally contradicted this. What's the true story? Does 1 hour sound like a realistic time frame for a rush hour commute from Breinigsville to the PA/NJ border?

Now for personal opinion. Has the abundance of new construction been an asset or detriment to Breinigsville?

Thanks, in advance, for your responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 04:29 PM

1,032 posts, read 4,264,415 times
I aksed my friend who lives in Breinigsville to answer your post - here is what she wrote:

It all depends on what part of Breinigsville he is looking.

The only traffic is on 222. We live right behind it and it's quit as can be. Pulte townhome and High gate will hear traffic from the trucks.

It was a little rural before but now with the new developments it's changing. Not nearly as fast as Lower Macungie.

The new developments is manly white collar.

We still have some old homes around which gives it charm.

Crime rate is very low. We are so close to the state police. We have seen a rise in car break inn's. That is due from a rougher crowed coming in from big city's.

You will find trailer parks anywhere. Green Ackers is a very clean mobile home park. If that is a concern you should stay living in a city. Any area that is low crime and little old school will not be all upper class.

Most of our neighbors that have transferred in find the drive too long and think there's nothing to do here. It will be longer then a one hour commute in rush hour.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:29 AM

242 posts, read 837,336 times
Hello

I don't think I can post an actual community report here for your review, because of the advertising rules. But if you desire to get the demographic breakdown (income per household, blue collar vs white collar, crime stats, etc...) of Brienigsville, just let me know, I do that alot.

You should be able to handle the commute to NJ border in an hour. There is traffic but it is not THAT bad (except for the occasional accident).

As for the New Construction in Breingsville, that is a tough question and one that I would kind of steer away from personal viewpoints, because your are going to get people who are either pro-development or against development. From a neutral perspective new construction has helped increase the average prices in that area. Also it has lead to some congestion but for every little bit of success there will be a few drawbacks.

Now waving my realtor flag. If the community & home fits your lifestyle you are in a PRIME TIME TO BUY. If it doesn't fit everything, look around a little more to see if something is more exact.

Thanks
Jeff
The trailer really depends on zoning and deed restrictions. If you are concerned of lots being sold for trailers it would fall under those regulations.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:39 PM

12 posts, read 32,717 times
KristyLiz, thanks to your friend.

jeffvivian, thanks as well. Especially for the realtor tip. If the data is more current than the Census', then yes, I'd like the demographic breakdown. Please send via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley