U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 AM

20 posts, read 77,196 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me about the Valley Green subdivision located in Center Valley? We drove through on our visit to PA this past week and liked it. I was just curious to hear other opinions on the subdivision (and any other ones around it). This was our second visit to the area. Our first visit was not what I had expected. This visit, I have to say, was great. We had lunch in Bethlehem at Apollo and loved it. We noticed a handful of other neat restaurants to try in the future. Places aren't as far away as they seemed the second time around. I am looking forward to moving into the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 05:58 AM

5 posts, read 17,572 times
Hi! I live in Valley Green and love it. mature trees, and the houses aren't all cookie cutter. It is an active neighborhood with lots of fun things to do...monthly cocktail parties for adults, book club, kids playgroups. We looked at several other subdivisions in the Southern Lehigh SD, and this is the one we wanted! Let me know if you have any questions!

Old 04-14-2008, 12:20 PM

That is reassuring. I have to say, I couldn't believe how many homes had play structures and inground pools in their backyards! It's great b/c it shows how active the sub is with so many children. On the other hand, it made me a little nervous b/c I fear the kids might get carried away at a friends house around the pool. Just this past year, a friend of the family had a horrible accident with their 1 1/2 year old falling in theirs. He suffered some brain damage, but is doing ok.
We would probably be moving around late May, early June. I hope it will be easy to meet people. We have a 4, 2, and 1 year old and hoping to have one more in the future (yes, we're crazy). We saw some of the homes on the market and thought they were nice. The backyards weren't very big though. If you know of any family who has been talking about putting their home on the market, please let me know.
Thanks so much for your response. I appreciate it!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:54 AM

242 posts, read 771,937 times
If you are looking at Valley Green and Valley Green South. There are some homes that are currently on the market. You may want to check them out the next time you are in town.

Also for swimming lessons, I think there is Swim Zone (I think that is the name).

Thanks
Jeff

Old 04-15-2008, 06:39 PM

We visited all of the ones listed in Valley Green. We are going to keep them in mind. We would like a property with at least 1/2 acre (flat) land. We did see the one listing in Valley Green South and liked it. However, fencing an almost acre lot is going to be astronomical. We will see. We plan on visiting again soon. Hopefully other properties will pop up in the sub or in the surrounding areas. There is also Landis Mill Farms sub that we liked. The model home is on the market, but the lot is not very big for the price they're asking. We shall see. Thank you for your feedback.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:43 AM

12,870 posts, read 29,512,737 times
Oz, Sorry for not responding to this post earlier. We were in China for two weeks and I'm still getting everything back in order. I like the Valley Green area but agree that the lots seem a little small for the size of the houses. You might want to look at the area around Blue Ridge Estates, actually, just a bit downhill from Blue Ridge estates but uphill from Aston Village are some nice homes in a great neighborhood. These homes are considered a part of Blue Ridge Estates but are a bit lower priced. I know several people that live in there and they have lots of neighborhood get togethers like an Easter Egg hunt, progressive dinners, etc. This is the area to the left of Hopewell elementary as you are heading towards the school on Hopewell Road.

Another couple of neighborhoods that have slightly larger lots is The Laurels off of Blue Church Road between Beverly Hills and State Street. And look at Tara Lee off of Grant and Beverly Hills Road. Both have Coopersburg addresses. Just like Valley Green, you'll find alot of people that move every few years with their jobs and people that are new(ish) to the area. Tara Lee also has an active social group like the Blue Ridge people. Unfortunately, there will often just be one home listed at a time in any of the older neighborhoods. Don't be put off by the age of these houses until you see them, people tend to maintain them very well.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:26 AM

Your advice (as always) is greatly appreciated, thanks. We hope to visit again sometime in the near future. Every once in a while I will check the websites for any new listings, and nothing. It's good and bad at the same time. It's great b/c w/ todays economic downturn, things are still somewhat stable in real estate in this area. It's not so good when you're looking for a home and can't find too many in inventory. Keep me posted with any other subs you can think of. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley