U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 10:18 AM

2,834 posts, read 4,962,772 times

Advertisements

If you look at this article (which is by county), Upper Macungie has the 3rd highest average income in the LV.

I think any of the communities with an average >$90K are all very nice places in good school districts.

Interestingly, Forks Township is basically tied for #1 (at an average of $104K).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2019, 01:58 PM

12,921 posts, read 29,893,383 times
oh ho! My School district is #1 Upper Saucon, #7 Lower Milford and #16 Coopersburg Borough.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 06-02-2019, 01:52 PM

409 posts, read 223,050 times
Upper/Lower Macungie's income demographics have always befuddled me. Moderator cut: links removed, competitor site but you would never know it if you drove through each. As I mentioned on other threads, I found Macungie quite trashy during my time there.

Maybe people in Macungie actually do make more money, and simply chose to live a more humble lifestyle? Saving money is great, but people in Macungie are cheap to the point that they won't even do basic household maintenance (and end up spending more in the long run due to neglect). I honestly believe if they were swimming in cash, they would spend the money on something as necessary as basic household maintenance.

Or maybe, just maybe, the stats are skewed? I could see the average household in Macungie having two parents each earning $47k a year to make their household income $94k. Whereas in Paoli, you have more single-income households (either never-married or divorcees) bringing the average down to $75k.

All stats should be taken with a grain of salt. Just visit the prospective areas yourself and see which you feel are classier.

Last edited by Yac; 06-04-2019 at 02:03 AM..

Old 06-13-2019, 07:26 AM

27 posts, read 51,434 times
We used schooldigger when researched districts before we moved here and Southern Lehigh was much lower than Parkland at that time. Funny how everything changes. I wish I could have looked into the future!

Old 06-14-2019, 02:18 PM

4,127 posts, read 8,082,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmcpsu View Post
Upper/Lower Macungie's income demographics have always befuddled me. Moderator cut: links removed, competitor site but you would never know it if you drove through each. As I mentioned on other threads, I found Macungie quite trashy during my time there.

Maybe people in Macungie actually do make more money, and simply chose to live a more humble lifestyle? Saving money is great, but people in Macungie are cheap to the point that they won't even do basic household maintenance (and end up spending more in the long run due to neglect). I honestly believe if they were swimming in cash, they would spend the money on something as necessary as basic household maintenance.

Or maybe, just maybe, the stats are skewed? I could see the average household in Macungie having two parents each earning $47k a year to make their household income $94k. Whereas in Paoli, you have more single-income households (either never-married or divorcees) bringing the average down to $75k.

All stats should be taken with a grain of salt. Just visit the prospective areas yourself and see which you feel are classier.
you are referring to old dutchies who are dying out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley