Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 05:30 PM
Jza Jza started this thread

259 posts, read 379,807 times

Advertisements

Appreciated. Even today I am STILL not better. But not deteriorating... I'll take it hehe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2020, 04:00 PM

In a nutshell.
https://youtu.be/ZoyHqdQPGy4?t=324

At about the 3 minute mark he illustrates how stupid our system is.

Last edited by Jza; 03-29-2020 at 04:10 PM..

Old 03-30-2020, 05:55 AM

77 posts, read 101,603 times
Are there any drive-through testing sites planned for Lehigh Valley? Closest I've seen is State College.

Old 03-30-2020, 07:04 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver4242 View Post
Are there any drive-through testing sites planned for Lehigh Valley? Closest I've seen is State College.
I don't see anything after an on-line search, but did find this about testing sites: https://www.lvhn.org/testing-service...-covid-19-care

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-11-2020, 09:41 AM

Hello neighbors! I thought I'd give you all an update with some positive news. After trying 2 different antibiotics, steroids, inhaler, and another drug prescribed by doctor (nothing really helped that I could tell) I had an epiphany yesterday. I left to go to the ER about 6AM Friday morning, but I first I went to hospital front to ask a question before going to ER. Also wanted to wait till 8AM to call the doctor I had seen twice to see what they thought I should do. My throat had swollen up and I felt like it was gonna close and suffocate. I waited in my car, the hospital staff member wanted me out of the lobby because I looked sick, fine. My throat opened up and I went to the doctor I had been seeing. She wasn't in and I spoke to a different doctor. This doctor asked me tons of questions and I told her the other doctor ordered me to get tested for Covid-19. I was tested a few days ago negative. The doctor I saw went over my chart and she told me she spoke to her director about my case and not to put much faith in the test because they both felt like I had it in mid March when I got really bad. I told them can't be, I tested negative. They said the virus moves deeper into your system as time passes and can possibly be harder to detect nasally. OK maybe, I was tested April 7th so that's 3 weeks after I had my first torture chamber March 18th. Till this day no way to know unless I had a blood test I guess.

So of course at this point I have no idea what to believe or what to know is wrong with me. All I know is I just cry when nighttime approaches. I call it the TORTURE CHAMBER. When the sun went down the fear of how excruciating various symptoms will be. Head, CHEST, no air, dizzy, nausea, you name it night was just hell. Also since about March 15th I hadn't slept more than a 6 hour clip at a time.

Epiphany : At doctor they were testing me and I was talking to this angel of a woman. I realized I had enough air to hold a conversation. After my visit concluded I was dejected and scared to go home. That's when things started happening, especially at night. I got home turned off all the heat opened all windows. It was extremely windy so I flushed all the old air out of my very well insulated home here in the Lehigh Valley. Then later I went for a walk. As night came I decided to sleep on the hard floor in a room I don't use. I breathed decent enough. I wasn't in the torture chamber for the first time in weeks and I slept for almost SIX full hours.

Whatever it is it's an unseen enemy. If you lay there, you can die. You have to escape it. It's on your clothes, in your air, on your bed, everywhere. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN with whatever energy you have and KEEP exposing yourself to clean air as much as humanly possible. Uncontaminated air seems to be the cure my body needs. I can feel my body trying to recover but it's been crying for help and nothing worked until I removed myself from the red zone.

I am preparing to repeat the process today and clean with whatever energy I have left. I think summer WILL actually help with Covid-19 IF that was what was punishing me. It's not that hard to beat whatever was attacking me, but it LINGERS!

Southern Hemisphere is going to have a rough time as winter approaches for them. But at least for me I've found the key after one experimental afternoon and evening. I hope this helps someone to take the initiative and get them self in a better situation if they are experiencing the same thing as me.

Wish you all good health!

Old 04-12-2020, 06:42 AM

Maybe it was the steroids talking. Last night was dicey. Still deep in the forest. Hoping these 2 warm days help a lot.

Old 04-13-2020, 10:35 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,526,609 times
Hang in there Jza. Yesterday was pretty nice but today is a sweat pants day for me. Not seeing anyone but my dog and my husband. I hope you are feeling better today, bad weather and all.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-13-2020, 12:14 PM

TY!! Last night I was up till 5AM this morning. More from adrenaline that it was a good night and I breathed OK throughout the night and the intense chest pain I've had for 30 days loosened a little. I'm still ready to go to ER at any moment because I've never had a sickness like this that comes and goes like it does.

Today I've continued cleaning. Pretty much everything is clean except for laundry which I'm not sure what to do about.

Talking to my neighbors, some of them chimed in on what they think it could be. One neighbor says he gets bronchitis all the time and it causes many of the symptoms I'm describing. He says maybe it's mold. My home is pretty dry and for the most part pretty clean. My carpet doesn't smell and I never allow shoes on it.

Did I get bronchitis for the first time in my life? Did I just happen to get an infection at the same time as global pandemic? Would be my luck...

I think the coming of antigen and antibody tests will be much more useful than the tests we have right now. I live in Nazareth, the sheer math tells me I should NOT have had covid-19. Hardly anyone around here has it based on the numbers. Places I've been outside of the area in March include Allentown Careerlink facilities, Laundromat on 248, and Northampton Crossings stores like Target & Walmart.

Toobusytoday, what do you think? I'm not asking for diagnostics just what does your gut tell you?

One more funny thing, the neighbor I spoke to that gets bronchitis usually talks to me from his balcony where he goes out for a SMOKE. I don't smoke or drink.

Old 04-13-2020, 02:10 PM

77 posts, read 101,603 times
The guidance I've seen says that if you experience the symptoms you've had, especially to that extreme degree, you can assume you've had/got COVID-19. There's plenty of it here in Northampton County and Nazareth. Doesn't matter. You could have gone to any of those places and touched a surface that someone had just touched who came in from NY, NJ, or some other hotspot.

I'm glad you're feeling better, extreme quarantine yourself for weeks, as you may still be shedding it after you feel better.

Old 04-13-2020, 03:39 PM

I need to look into if there's a mold or fungal issue before I get worse. I can't just sit here if that's the issue. Not knowing truly sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley