Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 10:20 AM

13,248 posts, read 33,354,439 times

Advertisements

Much better, thanks to you and Jimmyrocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 07:27 PM

27 posts, read 90,044 times
If you want to be near the promenade shops check out Center Valley. You don't want to live in Hellertown, trust me!

I'm in Bethlehem and love it. Its a beautiful city- lots to do and I'm close the shops and parks. Actually I don't live too far from the airport. Good luck!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:41 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,254,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrocks View Post
In PA, only Bethlehem spans two counties.
This is otherwise solid analysis, but I believe in addition to Bethlehem spanning both Northampton and Lehigh Counties, the city of Hanover straddles the borders of both Adams and York Counties. Sorry to be picky, but as an aspiring politician I need to keep myself abreast of our state!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:46 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,254,359 times
Please scope out my //www.city-data.com/forum/lehig...hoto-tour.html if you haven't done so already to get a sense of just how much I love Pennsylvania's Christmas City. I'm not very familiar with either Allentown or Easton, but from what I've heard Bethlehem is definitely light years ahead of both in terms of revitalization and family-friendliness. I'm an avid opponent of urban sprawl and all it is doing to destroy the once beautiful countryside in Pennsylvania, so I'll refrain from offering my insight into Lehigh Valley subdivisions upon the grounds that it would be impossible for me to be impartial on the issue. All I'll say though is do you really want Pennsylvania to start resembling New Jersey, North Carolina, or Sprawlanta?

Old 05-02-2008, 08:56 AM

10 posts, read 42,665 times
Thank you all for the information. We are going up there next weekend to look around and having all this knowlegde before we go is so helpful!!!

I hope you all welcome people from the south!!!

p.s. I didn't use "y'all"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 03:43 PM

205 posts, read 817,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
This is otherwise solid analysis, but I believe in addition to Bethlehem spanning both Northampton and Lehigh Counties, the city of Hanover straddles the borders of both Adams and York Counties. Sorry to be picky, but as an aspiring politician I need to keep myself abreast of our state!
Sorry to be starting a fight here, you had to disagree with me on Stroudsburg too! .. Although I kind of agree with you on that. Hanover is a borough, and I think it's completely in York County. Also, it appears that Shippensburg Borough is the only borough to span county lines.

Pennsylvania Local Government

I've worked with a few municipal databases, and these quirks always screw up the data!

Old 05-02-2008, 07:28 PM

104 posts, read 433,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferPA View Post
If you want to be near the promenade shops check out Center Valley. You don't want to live in Hellertown, trust me!
Can you elaborate on why not to live in Hellertown? I've always known it to be a quiet, friendly town. My daughter is considering moving there and I would like to know if there's something we should know before she makes her decision.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:02 PM

27 posts, read 90,044 times
Quote:
Can you elaborate on why not to live in Hellertown? I've always known it to be a quiet, friendly town. My daughter is considering moving there and I would like to know if there's something we should know before she makes her decision.
I didn't mean to offend anyone. It is a quiet little town but theres not alot to do. Not many shops or stores and not close to any highways to get to places. Its just kinda out of the way. I have a friend who lives down there and she always tells me its boring. Just my opinion.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:46 PM

13,248 posts, read 33,354,439 times
I think Hellertown is a fine place for families and even singles. The school district is a good one, some nice shops for a small town, and it's actually very easy to get on route 78 from there. Bethlehem is right over the hill. I think your friend needs to make some more friends!

Old 05-03-2008, 05:13 PM

104 posts, read 433,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferPA View Post
I didn't mean to offend anyone. It is a quiet little town but theres not alot to do. Not many shops or stores and not close to any highways to get to places. Its just kinda out of the way. I have a friend who lives down there and she always tells me its boring. Just my opinion.
Whew, what a relief. I've always known that Hellertown is kind of out of the way and boring, but that's what my daughter is looking for. I was just asking for an elaboration because I was afraid that maybe you meant Hellertown was now facing crime problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley