U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 07:12 PM

90 posts, read 354,176 times

Advertisements

I have found some nice houses in Slatington, can anyone help me with info on the utility bills and taxes in that area.
Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 02:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,825 times
Default Slatington

before you move to Slatington, i would get to know your neighbors well.
We bought a house 6 yrs ago in Slatington in which we thought was a quiet part of town down along the river. The nosey neighbors called Protective Srevices on us because we were taking care of an elderly woman...........(pure jelousy). to make a long story short / the elderly woman couldnt take the changes these people wanted and she ended up having a stroke and was unable to swallow and died last October (2006) .......... as far as utility bills... garbage went up from $40.00 to 70 something every 3 months /
How much are you willing to spend on a house / buy ours LOL

good luck if you move here
P.S..... check out your neighbors 1st

Old 04-12-2007, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 5,702 times
Sorry to hear about your loss and the problems with your neighbors.. I dated someone from the area for a short while and let me tell you I would never go back.. It definitly is not somewhere I would refer someone to live or choose to live myself.. wish I could have warned you.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:49 PM

Default ???? Why so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiz29872 View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss and the problems with your neighbors.. I dated someone from the area for a short while and let me tell you I would never go back.. It definitly is not somewhere I would refer someone to live or choose to live myself.. wish I could have warned you.
I understand that the above tread had problem with a nosey neighbor but why would you not advise living in Slatington? Are all the people crazy or nosey.. ..is there high crime. Would you share more of your dislike for the area.
I have also found affordable housing in Palmerton....do you have thoughts on that town.
Thanks so much for your input.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARRETT View Post
before you move to Slatington, i would get to know your neighbors well.
We bought a house 6 yrs ago in Slatington in which we thought was a quiet part of town down along the river. The nosey neighbors called Protective Srevices on us because we were taking care of an elderly woman...........(pure jelousy). to make a long story short / the elderly woman couldnt take the changes these people wanted and she ended up having a stroke and was unable to swallow and died last October (2006) .......... as far as utility bills... garbage went up from $40.00 to 70 something every 3 months /
How much are you willing to spend on a house / buy ours LOL

good luck if you move here
P.S..... check out your neighbors 1st

Sorry to hear about the lose of your friend. Why would someone be so mean as to call Protective services on you. Are ALL the people in Slatington like that? What do you know about Palmerton?
Thanks

Old 05-11-2007, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,743 times
Smile slatington has alot to offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingtoPA View Post
I understand that the above tread had problem with a nosey neighbor but why would you not advise living in Slatington? Are all the people crazy or nosey.. ..is there high crime. Would you share more of your dislike for the area.
I have also found affordable housing in Palmerton....do you have thoughts on that town.
Thanks so much for your input.
I have lived here for 9 months. My husband I and my 3 year old daughter purchased a home here in the $120,000 range. The house is incredible compared to others in the price range, and I am enjoying the area more everyday. If you are an outdoors person like us you have lots to do. We are between Trout Creek and the Lehigh river then the canal is next to the Lehigh. There is a library on Main St., a few antique shops small homey coffee shop. If you like to fish, hike, boat, trail walk, disc golf, it's all right out your back door. As for the people, there are some right out of city life, there are some who've never left the town, most are very friendly. We have known the area for years. My husband grew up close by. The schools are good and the town does alot of cool things, arts day, carnival, founders day, events at the canal, etc. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have honestly, my e-mail is petals416@aol.com. Lori

Old 05-12-2007, 10:52 AM

4,123 posts, read 8,014,876 times
Slatington is a backwards dump where people think it's still 1986. They listen to Ratt and other bad hair metal. Dont go there!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,631 times
Too much HUD/Section 8 in Slatington. It's the noisiest small town I've ever been in. People have obsessions with blowing their horns around here. Town is in decline. It was a nice place 5-6 years ago, but is terrible now.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:15 PM

522 posts, read 895,816 times
Default Section 8 /crime/drugs drugs and issues!!!!!!crime!!!!!!!

Not good folks! Better off outta there!!

Old 11-26-2007, 09:31 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,543,814 times
I would personally prefer Palmerton over Slatington. Just a bit nicer town and nicer people there IMO. Both towns have a very high percentage of rentals, and that is never good. There are many "backwards" people; however, I have found the people to be nice and sincere as well. Bad neighbors are unfortunately everywhere, as are those who seem to go out of their way to make trouble for others.

You should make some time to visit both Slatington and Palmerton, both during the day and on a weekend night to see things for yourself. Visit a few of the businesses, have a meal in a local restaurant. Hope that helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley