Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 09:22 PM

65 posts, read 299,780 times

Advertisements

We are considering buying our first home in pen argyl since it is cheaper than nazareth area- but today I heard that there is going to be a sewage treatment plant built in pen argyl. Does anyone know if this is true? I was also told that the plant is going to send the taxes through the roof.... someone dispell this for me please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 08:02 PM

58 posts, read 209,409 times
Thumbs down Sewage is the least of it

Yes, it could very well be true. Look into Pen Argyl as much as you can. We were lured into Pen Argyl too because of the prices, but beware...there is one of the biggest trash landfill/dump sites in the ENTIRE United States in that small town! I got warned through this same forum about a year ago, and boy am I thankful. Aside from rumors about a sewage expansion, there's also rumor about health issues being affiliated with the dump site, and there is definitely a strange smell in the town related to the site. You need to be aware of traffic patterns too, as there are a bunch of garbage trucks that follow certain routes at certain times, and it's not nice being behind them. They have made the dump more attractive by covering it with grass, making it look like a huge hill, and if you really go into the town, you can see it from various points. Being ignorant myself, just a year ago, I thought this "hill" was just a hill, not a covered up dump site. It's HUGE! Beware of realtor ads that point out "city lights and hills" under the "views" section of this town. The hills aren't hills at all!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:40 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
I would also check out the schools if you have kids: SchoolMatters - Home (http://www.schoolmatters.com/ - broken link)

Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 PM

117 posts, read 444,855 times
I would avoid this town at all costs. Choose Nazareth. Unless ofcourse youw want to buy my house from me then I'll give you a whole different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley