Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2008, 04:15 PM

20 posts, read 76,891 times

Advertisements

Is there any bus service from allentown to EWR airport?I am going to India with my family from EWR.all have 2 baggages each.anybody has any idea abt this?6 members are going..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 05:19 PM

20 posts, read 76,891 times
anybody please help...

Old 08-01-2008, 07:41 PM

13,248 posts, read 33,354,439 times
Transbridge does but I think just one run a day. Trans-Bridge Lines A round about way would be to take the Bieber bus to Port Authority and then transfer there to EWR. Bieber Tours - Home

Old 08-03-2008, 01:13 AM

2 posts, read 24,027 times
it's been years but i still remember taking trans-bridge/beiber buses to get me home (NJ) when i was going to school in pa. but yeah, if you can't get a direct link b/n allentown and ewr, you could always go to port authority bus terminal and get your connection there. this link should help: The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey - Newark Liberty Airport (http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/ewr_transportation.html - broken link)

Old 03-14-2011, 12:34 AM

50 posts, read 188,828 times
Transbridge lines has multiple runs daily from the LV to Newark Airport. Check out their schedule on-line.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:04 PM

14,613 posts, read 17,293,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryrose View Post
Is there any bus service from allentown to EWR airport?I am going to India with my family from EWR.all have 2 baggages each.anybody has any idea abt this?6 members are going..
I know this is an old post, but bus fares from Allentown to Newark Airport are $43.15 per person (round trip).

If you are going with four or more people, you are better off renting an Enterprise car at ABE airport and paying the $40 drop off fee.

While the charge of $ 32.98 is for a compact, you can get a slightly larger car. There is a gas station right at the Newark Airport.

Drop Charge $ 40.00 USD
1 Day @ $ 32.98 USD
RENTAL CONTRACT FEE $2/RNTL $ 2. 00 USD
CONCESSION RECOUP FEE 11.11 PCT $ 8.33 USD
TRANS ASSISTANCE TAX 2.00/DAY $ 2.00 USD
VEHICLE RENTAL TAX $ 1.67 USD
SALES TAX $ 5.00 USD
* Total Estimated Charges $91.98 USD

Even with as few as 3 people it might be worth the extra money simply because it reduces the stress of taking a bus and arriving 2 hours early.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:38 PM

56 posts, read 184,047 times
LVIA used to have a "flight" form Allentown to Newark. I would call them and see if this "flight" is still in existence. You would buy a ticket and then board a bus to Newark. You would check in your bags and the whole thing just like going on the plane. It would drop you off at the gate and you would then proceed to your connecting flight.

They discovered it was not only cheaper to operate these "Flights" but they were more on time. I think it was Continental that was doing this. They did this quite a while ago so definitely call first.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:49 AM

14,613 posts, read 17,293,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Quite Right View Post
They discovered it was not only cheaper to operate these "Flights" but they were more on time. I think it was Continental that was doing this. They did this quite a while ago so definitely call first.
When United bought Continental they were surprised to see this bus route on the schedule. They decided to keep it, but you can't book it unless it is a connection and you are flying on United out of Newark. Transbridge bus terminal is only about a mile from the airport.

The funny thing is the flight mileage from ABE to EWR is 66 miles, which is longer than the 54 miles from ABE to Philadelphia. If USAirways should do the same thing, then passenger levels at ABE will drop another 10%. You can schedule a bus as part of an airline service, but the Faa doesn't count those passengers.

I've always been surprised that Bieber bus has never deemed it profitable to run a bus from their Wescosville Bus terminal to Philadelphia airport.

In any case, starting at three or four people it is probably easier to rent a car and drop it off instead of taking the bus. But if the trip is only a few days, it is probably cheaper to simply pay long term parking at the airport. Usually people who ask these questions grew up in a different country where public transportation is the norm. Mexico City Airport has a huge bus terminal right at the airport which goes to 6 different nearby cities. If that isn't enough, you can take a taxi two miles and you will find a bus station that is the size of the Port Authority. The funny thing is that there are three other bus terminal in the city, all equally as big.

Last edited by PacoMartin; 10-18-2012 at 12:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley