Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 11:59 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,571,024 times

Advertisements

Nope, I am not kidding..........You can actually do this, go shopping in your pajamas!
It is such a popular thing to do in New Jersey that I thought I'd look up whats available to us in PA.
Its not that you will be running around the store literally in your PJ's but, you can sit home at your computer and order all the groceries you want with just a push of your computer keys.
So I found up up in the Scranton area they can home shop by using Garritys food store, with just a smalll nominal fee.
I was hoping for something closer to my home, of which there is not.
But YOU, Lehigh Valley, have a choice!
The Shoppes at Cedar Point in Allentown have Kings Supermarket that has an online grocery shop!
Weisishop dot com.........has this service.
For just a small, small fee of $4.95 ( and the first time is free) You can order online and pick up your order which would be ready and waiting for you. I don't see yet that they deliver to your home, but maybe that is not far into the future.
This is the latest craze. Some grocery stores, that I know about in NJ ,even deliver. I applaud you!
Can you imagine that on a cold, stormy, winter day? Or then again......when the kids are home with fevers and sore throats.
Unfortunately, the fees in NJ for the delivery and service amounts to about $30.00 now the last I heard. Having jumped ten dollars from the previous amount of twenty, which was a great deal.
What is great is that you can add and delete things, and check your total with ease. You overspent Take a few things off until next time.
So, isn't it just wonderful that you, Lehigh Valley can shop in your PJs, while the rest of us have to trudge through snow, and sleet.
I hope that this new and inviting way to shop comes my way too.
Shop Rite does this delivery service in NJ, so here's hoping because I have one of those right down the street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 10:11 PM

619 posts, read 2,191,332 times
Truly, Peapod and Shoprite from Home were the things (other than family) I missed most when I moved from NJ to PA. When you need it, it's worth every penny and then some.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:16 AM

I have never had a chance to use this, but I saw my daughter ordering on line and it looked like a great deal of fun. I'd do it probably in the winter when its 14 degrees out. I really think it is the greatest service for Moms who have their hands full at home with kids and babies.
I can only dream of standing at my doorway when someone comes hopping along with my 10 bags in their arms.........
They all need to provide this service. Get on the bandwagon now

Old 08-21-2008, 08:42 AM

13,248 posts, read 33,348,280 times
I shop at the Kings on Hamilton sometimes on my way back from church (if we're not going to Wegmans) and noticed that they have a few parking spots reserved right up front for the on-line shoppers. Looks very conveinent.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:35 PM

Poconoproud was mentioning Mr Z's.........Hey they are a big, big corporation.
I hope we get the word out that this would be a great idea!
How about it Z's

Old 08-21-2008, 05:31 PM

619 posts, read 2,191,332 times
One thing I did figure out is that for some stores, the cost of a particular item was the same in store or online. So then you can just figure out if the delivery cost is worth is to you. However, for other stores, there can be a mark up on online items - up to 15%. Now those stores tended to have significantly lower delivery fees, but with the increased cost per item - it turned out to be the pricier option.

And just today, a delivery van drove past me in my new Colorado neighborhood. I am a happy, happy woman!

Old 08-22-2008, 09:19 AM

I bet you are!!! Can you imagine on a cold, snowy day..........just going on line and then having that order delivered right to your door.
Thats great for you in Colorado. It would be great for us here to, in PA. New Jersey is progressing nicely with the idea.
I know if our local Shop Rite would do it, then our local Mr Z's would follow suit.
Just waiting ( tapping feet) for this to happen !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley