U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2007, 02:06 PM

35 posts, read 143,549 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone.My fiance ,our kids and I are moving to the Palmer Twp. part of Easton in a few months.We love the area and are on the same block as the Palmer Park Mall.One question I have is that the Yankees are shown on the Yes network which I have no trouble getting in NJ but what kind of programming do I need to get in in Northampton county? Any help would be great.Joe
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 05:28 AM

164 posts, read 168,928 times
Yankees suck! They are a little losing streak of their own aren't they?

Old 02-04-2007, 08:34 AM

221 posts, read 947,862 times
I'm pretty sure that here in Lancaster you can only access YES through Direct TV. I know that we're kinda far away from Easton, but most people I know in PA must get a dish to watch YES. When I was growing up (near Williamsport), we got NYC stations on TV, so we we able to see both the Mets and Yankee games. No more.

You should visit Lancaster City. Due to half of the Bronx relocating, there are TONS of Yankee fans here.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:25 PM

390 posts, read 1,432,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattingly23 View Post
Hey everyone.My fiance ,our kids and I are moving to the Palmer Twp. part of Easton in a few months.We love the area and are on the same block as the Palmer Park Mall.One question I have is that the Yankees are shown on the Yes network which I have no trouble getting in NJ but what kind of programming do I need to get in in Northampton county? Any help would be great.Joe
You can only get a few games a year in my area in central Pa. The only other option is the YES network.

We used to get the games that were on ESPN but George put a stop to it. This area is well over 180 miles from NYC but George blacks them out anyway. I was absolutely livid this past summer when Yankee games were advertised to be on ESPN but were then blacked out.

I remember the good old days when almost every game was on Channel 11. When CBS owned the Yanks, all the games were televised on the local CBS affiliates.

George is getting too greedy and he is alienating the fan base and denying Yankee fans the opportunity to watch them play. That's very difficult on a lifelong Yankee fan such as myself.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:15 PM

Thanks...my question then is how do I get YES out here?Can I do cable of the dish or directtv?

Old 02-05-2007, 07:38 PM

221 posts, read 947,862 times
When I was looking into getting YES, I went on the website, punched in my zipcode, and it told me that the only way I could get it in Lancaster was to subscribe to Direct TV. Since I live in a "historical" building, putting a little thing on the roof was out of the question. ~sob~

Look on their website, it should tell you how to access YES in Easton. I will tell you that we do not get to see many Yankee games here, b/c out blackouts on ESPN. Lots of Phillies games, and they show the O's (vs. Yankee) games on the local sports network- but we rarely get to see a NYY game.

Old 02-06-2007, 03:39 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,713,299 times
Don't forget that one of the miner league teams (AAA?) is in Scranton-Wilkes Barre.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:38 PM

Im getting the Yes network on Directv in the Sportspack.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:53 PM

4,200 posts, read 8,267,793 times
I believe WEEX the local ESPN affiliate in Easton carries Yankees games. I think you will be comfortable as there are quite a few Yankees fans. Many are from NY while others just got tired of the floundering Phils and changed affiliation. Supposedly the Phils will be good this year but we've heard that before.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:18 AM
jjj

168 posts, read 779,707 times
I live 15 miles south of Easton and get all Yankee games on Direct TV. You have to pay for the MLB package to get them....I think about 180.00 xtra a year. With that you also get just about every major league game from all cities. The only time you won't get the Yanks is when they play the phillies. They are balcked out . Same goes for the Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Devils etc . As far as football unless the Giants or Jets are on national tv....you also have to get the direct football package. Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley