U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 11:36 AM

31 posts, read 71,467 times

Advertisements

hi! i always love finding good deals....anyone know of any great consignment stores for kids' clothing? thank you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 01:09 PM

58 posts, read 191,714 times
Kids Corner on 4th Avenue in Allentown

Old 09-16-2008, 05:27 AM

12,870 posts, read 29,511,094 times
Emmaus has a great consignment store on the triangle called the Elephants Trunk. Welcome I haven't been in it for a couple of years so don't know if their kids selection is especially good but the store is cool.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:07 PM

84 posts, read 387,953 times
There is a kids-specific consigment shop on Chestnut St in Emmaus, around the corner from CVS and Pizza Hut (sorry, I can't remember the name of it right now). There are usually pieces of large baby equipment (ride on toys, strollers, easels, etc) sitting out in front, so it's easy to pick out.

Bears Repeating is another kids consignment shop, located at the intersection of routes 100 & 222 in Trexlertown. It's in an old house and they put larger equipment on the front porch when they're open as well. Twice a year they do a $1 sale where they take items that haven't sold/are out of season, etc and put them upstairs and charge a buck a piece. The crowds at these sales are usually big and are lined up for opening. People bring their own clothesbaskets (they don't have carts/baskets) and pile them full (then go back in again sometimes!). Leave the kids at home if you go to the dollar sale.

Their is also a twice-a-year kids consignment sale at Merchants Mall in Allentown (off of Lehigh St, kind of by Mack Trucks). It's called The Kids Clothesline and it's coming up very soon. Again, bring your own basket/bags, and leave the kids at home if you can. The good stuff goes early, so be prepared to get their at opening on the first day if possible (although I've found a lot of the really good stuff is already gone by then-bought by people who are working there or consigned items there and are able to shop early). Here's the website The Kids Clothesline - Home .

Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 AM

11 posts, read 42,534 times
Default Wanna Drive?

Okay, an hour drive is nothing to me - but that is my filter. However, Kid to Kid in Drexel Hill is very large, and is awesome for clothing, especially maternity clothes - Mimi Materinity, Old Navy, really cute, trend things. Plato's Closet (for women) is right down the street, and they focus on Abercrombie, Hollister, all those expensive jeans like Seven for all Mankind, etc. - for really good prices. My two favorite places to go to on a Saturday or weekday that I have off. I just listen to NPR and catch up on all the world news.

I saw a kid's clothing store down the street from Becker Subaru (sorry, still not familiar with street names) but looked pretty good.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 PM

191 posts, read 640,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Emmaus has a great consignment store on the triangle called the Elephants Trunk. Welcome I haven't been in it for a couple of years so don't know if their kids selection is especially good but the store is cool.

Still very good! There's another store in Emmaus near former(Jim retired recently) Jim's Chestnut Street repair and across from the transmission place down from CVS. I can't think of the name but they sell toys & things.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 PM

1 posts, read 5,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysmom8 View Post

Their is also a twice-a-year kids consignment sale at Merchants Mall in Allentown (off of Lehigh St, kind of by Mack Trucks). It's called The Kids Clothesline and it's coming up very soon. Again, bring your own basket/bags, and leave the kids at home if you can. The good stuff goes early, so be prepared to get their at opening on the first day if possible (although I've found a lot of the really good stuff is already gone by then-bought by people who are working there or consigned items there and are able to shop early). Here's the website The Kids Clothesline - Home .
graysmom8,

I would like to thank you for the mention of the above sale. It is my wife who owns and runs The Kids Clothesline. The Fall sale opens to the public this Friday. She moved the sale to the 10,000 square foot showroom at the Merchants Square Mall so she may accomodate more sellers as well as buyers. She currently has over 175 consigners which has more than doubled the inventory of items. Anyone who lives in the Lehigh valley should take a peak at the website, and most definately stop by this Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday for some good shopping. Thank you for the shout out and I hope to see many of you there. Chuckie www.Thekidsclothesline.com

Old 10-09-2008, 12:55 PM

3 posts, read 9,115 times
There is one on 248 on the way to Pen Argyl. Shoot, I can't remember the name of the town. Mommy brain....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley