U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 02:15 PM

113 posts, read 279,087 times

Advertisements

you could go to old country buffert in whitehall pa. They have a good salad bar there with food and dessert too. It is cheap too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 12:57 PM

5 posts, read 14,745 times
there is a new restaurant called Zoup off Airport Rd South near the new Target. It's just before you go into the new shopping area on the right. haven't been there yet but looks like soup and salad menu only.......good luck.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:38 PM

208 posts, read 586,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiroll View Post
I hear what you're saying. In general I think things are getting better though.

There are quite a few more restaurants that have popped up since we moved into the area almost 3 years ago.

Living in Easton, I like to try all of the newer places that open there. River Grille is ok, used to be better, my wife and I still like to go to Sette Luna and Valenca. Haven't tried Ocean yet, but have heard good things.

There are a few places that are painfully over-rated also though. Tried Kome, Melt, and Shula's all located in the Promenade over the holidays, all of which we felt wasn't worth the price at all.

Never been to Tijuana Flats (I think there is one about an hour away close to Philly?), but we like Cactus Blue. We ONLY have the Chile Relleno there though, so I can't really comment on there other stuff.

If you live in Easton, you need to try Mex Tex Trio. It's about a half block or so around the corner from Sette Luna on 3rd St. Friends and I have been patronizing it since it opened over a year ago and always have a good meal. Very reasonable prices too!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 PM

102 posts, read 417,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsynative View Post
If you live in Easton, you need to try Mex Tex Trio. It's about a half block or so around the corner from Sette Luna on 3rd St. Friends and I have been patronizing it since it opened over a year ago and always have a good meal. Very reasonable prices too!
Been there twice but don't like it for some reason.

It tastes like upgraded Taco Bell food.

I've had had the Chile Rellenos, Quesadillas, and Burritos.

Personally I like Cactus Blue much better.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,104 times
We're going to the Bethlehem Diner on Catasauqua Rd to see how theirs is. We have always had breakfast there and was great.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,739,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Boy in PA View Post
I love the Lehigh Valley but I have been sorely disapointed with most of the resteraunts that we have tried. Most times, we opt to eat at home versus being disapointed with poor service, sub par food and long wait times. I miss Sweet Tomatoes (same franchise as slad works). Is anyone thinking of opening a frsanchise? We also miss a great place called Tiajuana Flats. I heard a rumor of new locations in the area but have not seen one yet, but we can always hope
Wow, you must be going to the wrong places then. Do you only go to chains? Chain restaurants are terrible. There are a lot of great restaurants in the Lehigh Valley. What are you looking for?

Old 02-10-2013, 04:35 PM

10,560 posts, read 11,273,447 times
Bethlehem Diner off airport Road has a soup and salad bar. The big difference between this and other diners is the quality of the soup/salad bar. Clean, fresh, and decent choices. I had choice of three different soups and several different lettuces.

Buffets (outside of Chineses Restaurants) in general are not as common in the Lehigh Valley as they are out West. Garden Family Chinese Restaurant 2915 Schoenersville Road (near route 22) has a lunch buffet $5.50 from 11:30AM to 1:30PM.

There is a nominally Chinese Buffet all day in the Westgate Mall (also on Schoenersville Road about 1 mile south of route 22). It has extensive non-Chinese items including a good selection of soups, salads, and fruits. It has different prices, but it is about $6.50 for weekday lunch (green tea is free).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Wow, you must be going to the wrong places then. Do you only go to chains? Chain restaurants are terrible. There are a lot of great restaurants in the Lehigh Valley. What are you looking for?
I have to agree with this comment. The lack of chains means there is good quality food at low prices.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:38 PM

12,865 posts, read 29,481,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Interestingly enough, that one post you quoted was the ONLY post from Florida Boy on this site!

There are lots of great places for soup and salad though. I say we keep on talking!

I disagree about the chains as far as soup goes, I like Panera Breads's soup and their breads and the one salad I had from them was pretty darn good too. I generally prefer local places for dinner, but I'm not so picky for lunches.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,739,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Interestingly enough, that one post you quoted was the ONLY post from Florida Boy on this site!

There are lots of great places for soup and salad though. I say we keep on talking!

I disagree about the chains as far as soup goes, I like Panera Breads's soup and their breads and the one salad I had from them was pretty darn good too. I generally prefer local places for dinner, but I'm not so picky for lunches.
The thing I hate about Panera is that they are SO expensive. Their salads are fairly good though, I agree.

I was beyond excited when they opened Zoup! on Airport Road, but I've since realized that I can make most of the soups they have to offer, which is a bummer. (Not that I can make them, but that they don't offer more variety.)

I think PacoMartin mentioned this already, but a lot of diners in the region seem to offer salad bars, albeit a lot of them seem to be somewhat small.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,071 times
The Bethlehem Diner on Catasaqua Rd has a decent soup and salad bar, all you can eat for $6.95 weekdays, $7.95 on weekends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or