U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:59 AM

121 posts, read 356,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthemovenc View Post
We would prefer a newer subdivision because of our 2 kids (ages 13 & 8).

Thank you so much for comments and suggestions.

While the neighborhoods are older established ones, try Salisbury Township. Convenient to practically anywhere in the area. You would be able to find a nice size home in your range.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 01:32 PM

31,285 posts, read 69,865,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmausRocks View Post
Be prepared to pay that now and watch the same home be selling for 185-210k in 2 years. Check out the housing market. It's already fallen 30% or more this year alone around here.

www.patrick.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyLiz View Post
Oh, shut up already!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:38 AM

191 posts, read 640,849 times
Lehigh Valley Housing Market: bottoming out? -- themorningcall.com

RENT, RENT, RENT

Old 09-29-2008, 07:00 AM

12,870 posts, read 29,512,737 times
ER, I believe that the poster has a house in NC and would like to buy a house up here, not rent. I understand that in your opinion renting would be an option but most families would have a hard time making that choice. Not only are there not many houses to rent but it's also very difficult to move all that stuff we accumulate from a rental house to an owned house once the housing prices go down. If you'd like to start your own thread about how a family would do that, it might be very welcome. But just telling people that the market stinks and that they should rent is not really helpful and may be construed as hi-jacking the thread.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:02 AM

Eagle Scout, The OP is asking for new construction. I'm not asking for any addresses or listings but is there new construction in Salisbury township?

Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 AM

242 posts, read 771,937 times
I have read this post and maybe I have missed some of the specifics on home style and price range (sorry if I did) but I can certainly offer some info....

There is no "new construction developments" for say...but there are some spotlot construction opportunities currently in Salisbury....There are some "newer" (like 2000ish maybe a little before that) subdivisions that were built but again depends on price range.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 09-29-2008, 12:43 PM

Jeff, what is a spotlot? Is that a lot in an existing neighborhood? It would happen when someone would have bought a double lot when they moved in and just now decided to sell it? We have one in our neighborhood and it's been on the market for a year.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:48 PM

242 posts, read 771,937 times
A spotlot is a lone building lot. It can come from various sources (subdivided from larger acreage, double lot which then sells the single lot, farms that just sell off a small parcel to develop and build.)

So sometimes they apart of developments, sometimes they are not.
It sounds like the lot in your subdivision fits this but I would have to know more.

Hope this answers your questions.
Jeff

Old 09-29-2008, 10:42 PM

191 posts, read 640,849 times
Renting Makes More Financial Sense Than Homeownership

I have something un-American to confess: I rent an apartment, despite having enough money to buy a house. I plan to keep renting for as long as I can. I'm not just holding out for better prices. Renting will make me richer.
I normally write about stocks for SmartMoney.com, but the boss asked me to explain to readers my reason for renting. Here goes: Businesses are great investments while houses are poor ones, so I'd rather rent the latter and own the former.

Renting Makes More Financial Sense Than Homeownership - Yahoo! Real Estate

Old 09-30-2008, 05:12 AM

ER - Great Post. Seriously. But - Start your own thread about it. I wouldn't mind talking about the practicalities of renting. This particular thread is about a family that would like to buy a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley