U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:50 AM

191 posts, read 640,896 times

Advertisements

Come on JeffVivian and try to spin this. I need a good laugh for the day.
----------------

Home foreclosures soar in the Lehigh Valley -- themorningcall.com

In Lehigh County, foreclosure filings this year have already exceeded those of 2007. In Northampton County, they're on track to dwarf last year's mammoth number.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 07:51 AM

12,870 posts, read 29,517,912 times
How can you tell if a home is being foreclosed or if it's just for sale? I mean, I see for sale signs on homes but they are being sold by realtors. I always thought that foreclosed homes were auctioned off. Am I wrong?

Old 10-05-2008, 08:06 AM

392 posts, read 1,272,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmausRocks View Post

Home foreclosures soar in the Lehigh Valley

By Riley Yates and Kevin Amerman | Of The Morning Call October 5, 2008 In Lehigh County, foreclosure filings this year have already exceeded those of 2007. In Northampton County, they're on track to dwarf last year's mammoth number.
The foreclosure rate in the valley doesn't surprise me.If you look at the demographics of Allentown, you'll see that we have a large population of people who are uneducated. The majority of these people probably got suckered into ARMs without understanding what they got into. Is it their fault? Yes and no. They should have read what they were getting into, and if they didnt understand, they should have found someone that did.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:22 PM

641 posts, read 2,221,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kidsimdone View Post
Please stop posting....we know the economy is in the dumps and the housing market is as well...but we don't need you giving us this info....
What is your problem? I think this is very relevant info

Old 10-05-2008, 05:15 PM

Glad that you are so interested in Lehigh Valley housing, NR. Thinking of moving back to PA? Maybe you want to move to the kinder gentler part of the state.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:47 PM

31,285 posts, read 69,873,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Glad that you are so interested in Lehigh Valley housing, NR. Thinking of moving back to PA? Maybe you want to move to the kinder gentler part of the state.
No. He wants to move to the "hell hole genetic cess poll" that is Scranton, according to SNL.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:10 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,972,652 times
All of this is very bad news for the people of the Lehigh Valley, yet you seem to be getting some strange satisfaction out of the whole situation.

Most of us read the papers, I read these same articles in Sunday's Morning Call, however, the difference between you and I is that I felt bad for the people losing their homes, and you ran to the computer to gloat. Not cool.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:57 AM

242 posts, read 771,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
How can you tell if a home is being foreclosed or if it's just for sale? I mean, I see for sale signs on homes but they are being sold by realtors. I always thought that foreclosed homes were auctioned off. Am I wrong?

Toobusy...

Foreclosed homes are not always auctioned off. It depends on how the bank would like to proceed with the home...Foreclosure is a very complicated and sometimes long process....but here is a link of foreclosed homes in Lehigh County, Northampton County still does this the old fashion way where you have to go to the court house to pick up the list....
Lehigh County Website

Thanks
Jeff

Old 10-06-2008, 05:21 AM

242 posts, read 771,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmausRocks View Post
Come on JeffVivian and try to spin this. I need a good laugh for the day.
----------------

In Lehigh County, foreclosure filings this year have already exceeded those of 2007. In Northampton County, they're on track to dwarf last year's mammoth number.
OH MY GOD---------THE MARKET IS DOWN AND FORECLOSURES ARE UP ----You don't say.

Well this is some sort of investigative reporting!!!........Besides 1 foreslosed home in every 1200 households is still below 1% by my numbers....(Er its a called a calculator, it has numbers but you just cant talk on it).

but it does prove 2 things:
"Tell them how foreclosures are up 50 - 60% in Northamton & Lehigh."
.....YOU KNOW NOTHING....................As we all have been saying all along.
And you are willing to say anything without much thought or facts!!!!!.

Do you know what the moral of the stroy is here........
Don't take housing advise from a guy who wears brown shorts to work!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 06:04 AM

I went through one one days worth of auctions and found two houses on the street next to me! I think they were both "continued" for another month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley