Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 06:38 AM

11 posts, read 47,038 times

Advertisements

Hello -

A few months ago I married and moved into the dome home you may have seen along Camp Meeting Road with the pond in front. My husband operates a recording studio there. We are "sort of" in the Valley Green development. I have read on here that people have cocktail parties, etc. I have three children - 13, 10 and 4 that I share custody with and would love to know how to be a part of the social atmosphere of this development. I am enjoying Center Valley so far and figuring out how to get around and would love to meet people around here!

Elaine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 08:52 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
Elaine,
I live not too far from you, on the other side of 309, just outside of Coopersburg. I would get involved with your kids activities as best you can. The elementary schools all have active PTA's and the Middle School Parents group is also very popular. The next MS parent group meeting is October 18th - Middle School. There are activities at the library for your youngest -http://www.solehipl.org/kids%20upcoming%20events.htm I think many Mom's do these
activities as a way to meet other parents as well as to keep the little ones busy. There is also a fairly new Rotary Club with pretty young people that just started a year or so ago and meets at DeSales: Rotary International in the Lehigh Valley, PA

Your kids are the same age difference as mine, but mine are ten years older! I have a 23 (now teaches at the MS), 21 and 15.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 AM

Thanks! My older two go to school in NJ with their dad . I work in Conshohocken (ack, what a haul every day) so my 4yo goes to Conshy Catholic at the moment (her quote the other day "mom they sure talk about God a lot there" lol). Hopefully once she's older and going to Kindergarten or 1st grade in the area I'll get more immersed in the school stuff. Did/do your kids go to school in this area? The schools seem really good. And I can hear the high school football games all the time from my home, which is cool.

Elaine

Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
Yes, I have two grads and one currently in SLHS. All were in the marching band, youngest is out for this year due to a scheduling conflict. This is the schools first winning (by winning I mean more wins then loses - we usually win one or two games all year) football season we've probably had in 30 years so everyone is turning out for the games.

Hmmm, I think it's harder to get friends without the kids as an ice breaker. If you like to read, there is a great book club at the library: Upcoming Events @ the Southern Lehigh Public Library with participants of all ages. There's a Friends group there and they do a lot of fun activities. They just sponsored a mini golf tournament at Putt U this past weekend and will be doing an all day promotion at Barnes and Noble in December.

The School district has a fund raising group that might interest you: Community I think they are always looking for new blood. (What volunteer group isn't??)

Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 AM

248 posts, read 798,378 times
hi elaine! welcome to the valley. i live off of Colesville road off 378. you know where they are putting in the new car wash? i live off there. we arent that far from eachother! i have a 2.5 year old who LOVES older kids LOL.

we should try to meet up at the promenade shops sometime.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:46 AM

Hey there! Where is the car wash going? So far since August I have my set route of Main Street - Coopersburg, 378 to the Super Fresh, and the Promenade. Is it near Copper Head Grille? We should definitely get together! I work though . Which makes it harder. I don't work every other Friday so that is a definite good time - too bad it's not summer, we could drink coffee at Starbucks while the kids dodge the water in the seating area outside .

Old 10-07-2008, 01:22 PM

248 posts, read 798,378 times
if you take 378 to super fresh then you pass right by my road and the new car wash under construction. it is the mess going on on the left side if you are headed toward superfresh. right before dr. feelgoods (the place with the swimming pool out front)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley