U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 05:40 PM

392 posts, read 1,272,149 times

Advertisements

Just curious to see how long it took to sell your house. Anyone get one sold, or have one for sale? Share your story.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 PM

191 posts, read 640,701 times
When houses are priced realistically they sell fast. When they are bubble priced they don't sell. I already given you sound advice that would sell your home and gain you profit. Each month you pay on the mortgage your profit's go down. Each month your home is on the market (that is declining daily) is more time your losing any kind of gain. Keep waiting and hoping for that last sucker and you will end up in the negative equitity market, very soon.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:42 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,970,623 times
I have sold three houses -

2002 (Vermont) - 2 months on the market - this was a 3 year old center hall colonial 3 BR/ 2 1/2 bath 1900 sq ft.

2005 (NEPA) - 7 months on the market - this was a 3 year old colonial 4 BR/2 1/2 bath 2400 sq ft. This house sat longer because it was competing with new construction in the development and it sat through the winter in NEPA. We had taken the corporate buy out and moved on, so that didn't help that the house was vacant - houses always show better when they're lived in.

2007 (Montgomery county, PA) - 2 months on the market - this was a 5 year old colonial 4 BR/2 1/2 bath 2200 sq ft.

As you can see, we buy them new and then get relocated and have to move. Luckily, all of our moves have been through corporate relocations, so the company pulls out all the stops trying to get the house sold, and we are very motivated!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 AM

47 posts, read 147,389 times
We sold our house in Louisiana in February after only 10 days on the market. It was a 4 BR, 2 Bath ranch that was 20 years old.. We had lots of houses in the area competing with us, including one two doors down that had been on the market over 6 months on and off. What sold our house so quick? Well, let me just say I NERVER thought it would happen. I had hoped that we would be able to move up here with my husband by the end of school and then we moved in the midddle! So, here are my reasons in no paticular order.

1. It had never flooded. (Big deal in LA, not necesarily a big deal here)
2. Showed well. I decluttered a lot. The $75 I spent for storage was worth it!
3. Priced competitively. It was in line with similar houses that had sold in the last few months.
4. We had the right buyer at the right time. The realtor that showed it left feedback with my realtor that it showed well, but it was not what they were looking for. Within a week we had an offer.

We bought a house here as quickly. We had been looking for a couple weeks, but the timeing worked at well and this was the house. It had what we wanted at a reasonable price and loads of extras that mattered to us. When there were so many houses that looked alike on the market we thought anything extra that set a house apart from the otheres was important.

Last edited by YankeeCajun; 10-07-2008 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: Hit the wrong button!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:35 AM

248 posts, read 709,433 times
i have sold 2 houses.

the first was in parkesburg pa in 2003.
it was on the market 4 weeks and only that long b/c the first open house took place when the road in front of my house was closed !! LOL! after the other open house there was a bidding war with 4 people. bought the house for 180k sold it for 235k - only lived in it 2 years.

next house was on the market for one month - it was in upstate NY and we put it on the market in January!! it sold in feb. bought it for 130k (in 2003) sold it for 170k (2007)

we bought the house we currently live in 2007 for 400k, and there is no way in the world i am planning on moving anytime soon. houses just arent moving around here at the moment.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 PM

12,865 posts, read 29,484,981 times
We've bought four houses and sold three. First house was in the sticks in upstate NY. Took about a year to sell, but we had renters so weren't in a big hurry to sell. Second house was in Chester county, it was a small Cape Cod in 1992, took a couple of months to sell. Our last house was one in Delaware County. That was a hard sell - 1997, bad housing market and in the town we lived there were a whole bunch of new houses -smaller houses, smaller lots, but brand new with all the bells and whistles. It took about a year to sell and the buyers wanted to move in very quickly. We sold that house and bought another here in Lehigh county within a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or