U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,051 times

Advertisements

I have been looking to move to the PA area for awhile. I currently live in new york. I would be looking for a 2 to 3 bedroom apartment or house for around 950 a month give or take. I work in retail and my mother works in the medical industry are they plentiful? What are some good descent areas to live? Is the crime a problem for these areas? Since being from new york I rely mostly on public transportation should I invest in a car or is the mass transportation descent? I know this may be alot but info would be a big help in the decision making process so thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM

12,870 posts, read 29,517,912 times
A small house for $950 is probably do-able. You'll want to check out Classified -- themorningcall.com and Craigslist Allentown. See this thread where the poster is looking for the same info: //www.city-data.com/forum/lehig...elocation.html

The job market here is not that great but I don't really know if our job market is better or worse then where you are. The Lehigh Valley Hospital is the biggest employer in the Valley.

West Allentown is pretty safe, parts of Bethlehem are also safe. Hopefully, other posters will hop in with more info.

Public transportation is not the best, but if you live in either Bethlehem or Allentown you might be able to get by without a car. Doubtful though. We have no regional rail. The bus system is LANTA. This is a beautiful area - Good luck!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley