Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 05:06 PM

5 posts, read 15,033 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I commute from the Morgan hill complex in Easton to New Jersey. I have a 3 yr old daughter who required full daycare. Can you please recommend the good daycares around Easton, which does not add much to my commute ( basically it should be close to 78 or 22 in the New Jersey direction. I am looking for good reliable stimulating environment for healthy, bright kids and would prefer a disciplined well-organized place.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Gerald.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 06:09 PM

102 posts, read 453,548 times
I live in Williams Township too and know a lot of people who commute to NJ, but the ones that I know take their kids to somewhere close to their work.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:37 PM

619 posts, read 2,198,969 times
My dd went to the Goddard School in Forks on Sullivan Trail, just north of Easton. It's only about a 5-10 minute trek up from 78. There are also a few places in Phillipsburg, but we really like the GS better. Please feel free to send me a message if you'd like more info.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:38 AM

5 posts, read 15,033 times
Thanks ichiroll and mczabe for your replies !!

I checked out the Sullivan Trail Goddard - it takes 20-25 min each way to get there amidst all the traffic ligts, so am planning to check out the Falmer Dr Goddard also, which seems to be 14 min, though the distance is more.

Are there any other good preschools / montessori systems along 78 or 309 on the way to Quakertown ( towards west and south ) or any towards Flemington ( towards east ) along 78 ?

I am literally torn - I want my daughter to go to a really good preschool, yet the thought of adding 20 min to the already heavy commute sounds already tiring.

I would really appreciate all the help from the Lehigh valley residents to figure out something...

Thanks,
Gerry.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:59 PM

619 posts, read 2,198,969 times
Gerry,
I'm really surprised the drive took that long - maybe there's an alternate route??? Good luck, it's such a hard balance to strike!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley