U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 AM

12 posts, read 69,229 times

Advertisements

Please excuse my typos
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 03:31 PM

22,904 posts, read 30,802,988 times
Oops,
I misspoke...I meant to say WEST of 17th and WEST of Cedar Crest Boulevard.

Thanks cherish,
I guess I don't have 10-15 years to wait.
I grew up in Allentown and it was a tereific place to live, but aparently no more.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:31 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,806,157 times
Cherish, I fully agree with you concerning ridding Allentown of the trash.
It's going to be very interesting to see where some of these people go after the arena is fully built and functioning.

This is going to give birth to loft coop's, Eateries and some decent retail establishments.
When I lived in Denver, CO Coors stadium was built downtown in a very dangerous high crime ridden area. As a result of the stadium real estate in the area exploded and it became the "it" area to live, shop and enjoy some night life.
Allentown to a lesser extent is going to experience this downtown due to the hockey arena and it's going to be very interesting to see where the trash decides to go to because a decent portion of downtown will become very expensive to live in.

I applaud Allentown. Let's sit back and watch shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherish1230 View Post
Kefir King, just food for thought- Allentown (Center City) is undergoing a redevelopment stage but it's going to take some time. They are knocking down some of 7 street ugly homes/ stores to build a brand new hockey ring. Also, there's many projects (building reno's to turn them in condos, farr lofts, nic zawarski townhouses) in downtown Allentown to attract a different crowd of residents. So maybe if you want to invest into a histortic home in Allentown a possibly wait a couple of more years (10-15) to see a return than great. But for now, most parts of Allentown is bad.. Center city, east side, 8th ward near the bus station is bad ( even though they have a demo project underway to clear that factory into lofts, near the wards ) . If you really want to come back to Allentown ... Try cedar crest (parkland school district) fish hatchery area ( they belong to Salisbury School district) Airport road is ok but a lite ify. I have hopes that Allentown will become a better place to live but we have to get agressive as s community and throw out the trash that makes the community terrible.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,695 times
does any body know if 2nd street in Emmaus is a bad area

Old 08-23-2013, 06:50 PM

10,560 posts, read 11,272,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemypitt View Post
I think that crime rate is so low in Emmaus that standard urban caution is all that is necessary.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:47 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,806,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemypitt View Post

I live close to the border of Emmaus in Allentown.
Emmaus has a very low crime rate as it compares to Allentown.
I'm in Emmaus 3 to 4 times a week.

The area is is very nicely kept with a nice downtown and plenty of amenities within it's borders to sustain one's self.

I recommend it.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:50 PM

18 posts, read 23,333 times
I'm buying a house on East Chew street and it seems very quiet in the immediate area but I'm worried about the surrounding areas... Any recent feedback? Apparently a restaurant not far from there was just held up by two idiots, one of which had a shotgun.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berfles View Post
I'm buying a house on East Chew street and it seems very quiet in the immediate area but I'm worried about the surrounding areas...
Didn't a 3 bedroom one block off of East chew just sell for $35K last November? Are you talking about the part of the street near Irving?

Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 PM

18 posts, read 23,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
Didn't a 3 bedroom one block off of East chew just sell for $35K last November? Are you talking about the part of the street near Irving?

I have no idea about the sale of that house, but this East Chew is the one off Jerome street.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berfles View Post
Any recent feedback? Apparently a restaurant not far from there was just held up by two idiots, one of which had a shotgun.
That restaurant is about 400 yards from East Chew Street. A Photo was released of the guy holding the shotgun at that restaurant

There is a very popular church near there. One of the fastest growing in the valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley