U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-24-2009, 09:03 PM
 
Location: Marshall-Shadeland, Pittsburgh, PA
31,284 posts, read 69,835,414 times
Reputation: 16918

Advertisements

I'm a "poser." People like Pittsburgh. People think Scranton is the seventh layer of hell.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2009, 09:25 PM
 
191 posts, read 640,743 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I'm a "poser." People like Pittsburgh. People think Scranton is the seventh layer of hell.

Poser yes because Yinz isn't a NE PA term! Why not speak about what I said instead of trying to change the subject.

Now I am going dawntawn see yinz later.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2009, 10:37 PM
 
Location: Marshall-Shadeland, Pittsburgh, PA
31,284 posts, read 69,835,414 times
Reputation: 16918
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmausRocks View Post
Poser yes because Yinz isn't a NE PA term! Why not speak about what I said instead of trying to change the subject.

Now I am going dawntawn see yinz later.
I wasn't trying to "change the subject." Just because I don't like trolling around the Lehigh Valley forum warning everyone and anyone what a MISTAKE it is to buy a home there due to the over-inflated housing values doesn't mean that I shouldn't be entitled to have an opinion!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2009, 10:45 PM
 
191 posts, read 640,743 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I wasn't trying to "change the subject." Just because I don't like trolling around the Lehigh Valley forum warning everyone and anyone what a MISTAKE it is to buy a home there due to the over-inflated housing values doesn't mean that I shouldn't be entitled to have an opinion!

You are still spinning, what's up with the comment that people around Scranton say YINZ? I merely point out housing facts and in this case regional vocabulary. An opinion must be based on fact or it's a lie.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2009, 10:50 PM
 
191 posts, read 640,743 times
Reputation: 44
YINZ

Yinz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


See brother I post facts and you just can't handle the truth. Are you a real estate agent in Plains?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2009, 05:03 PM
 
12,866 posts, read 29,493,520 times
Reputation: 7433
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelingman View Post
What is the overall crime rate in Allentown. Is it safe?
Let's get back on topic, shall we?
__________________
Please follow THESE rules.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Coopersburg, PA
15 posts, read 35,503 times
Reputation: 16
Ok back on topic....
Sure there are nice places in Allentown.......But there is many Scary places as well
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-19-2010, 10:14 PM
 
1 posts, read 2,859 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelingman View Post
What is the overall crime rate in Allentown. Is it safe?
Not Safe. Ive had peple get shot next to my home, Bloody people banging on my front door in the middle of the night, car thefts, fights left and right, robberies all the time, and 3 bikes stolen in less than 1 year. If you call the police they will be there fairly quick if you say there are weapons. I lived there for 26 years and finally had enough and moved out of state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2010, 08:19 AM
 
12,866 posts, read 29,493,520 times
Reputation: 7433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moved outta ATown View Post
Not Safe. Ive had peple get shot next to my home, Bloody people banging on my front door in the middle of the night, car thefts, fights left and right, robberies all the time, and 3 bikes stolen in less than 1 year. If you call the police they will be there fairly quick if you say there are weapons. I lived there for 26 years and finally had enough and moved out of state.
I hope you are happy in your new location. I think it's amazing how bad certain parts of Allentown are and how safe I feel in our town less then 30 minutes away.
__________________
Please follow THESE rules.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top