U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2009, 11:49 PM
 
191 posts, read 661,973 times
Reputation: 44

Advertisements

The sky is fallen hard around the Lehigh Valley real estate market. That's easily seen by looking at the For Sale By Owner signs and looking at the Lehigh valley multiple listing service. Prices are down at least 30% and with foreclosures rising fast als(foreclosures in PA DOUBLED this year), it's only going to get worse.

Here is some news from www.patrick.net which is one of the best sights dedicated to housing/credit that prints truthful articles from around the globe. You actually get data and news that concerns real estate and credit that doesn't come directly from those involved (local realtors and their paid economists) That's something our local rag the Morning call doesn't do which is give you non bias information. It's the same thing as asking a commision based salesman like car dealers, realtors, anyone who works off commision. They obviously will do ANYTHING to make a sell, especially in this horrible economy which is in dire straights because of the lies and deceptive tactics of realtors and those involved. Their greed and started this disaster which led to the credit crisis as well.

David Lereah the former Chief Economist has recently admited that he spun (LIED) David Lereah Watch
about the problems in housing which has become the largest ponzai/pyramid scheme is the history of US HOUSING. http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...aph2.large.gif

The local newspaper the morning call (rag) recently ran another article which all of their supposed facts were taken from the local association of realtors(that's really trustworthy) and tried to claim how our local market was not like the rest of the countries bubble markets (WHAT?). I find that funny because we are exactly the same, the other difference is timing. In the other bubble markets like FL, NV, NJ, CA etc... the prices of real estate doubled and some more than doubled (LEHIGH VALLEY MORE THAN DOUBLED). The only difference was our housing bubble started deflating later than the others but it's only the 2nd inning of an overtime game which after you saw the above linked information about the history of history it's right there in black and white. Our prices doubled from 2001-2006. In 2000 the average home in the lehigh valley was around $100,000 US DOLLARS. In 2006 the average home in the lehigh valley was $235,000 US DOLLARS, that's double in my book and anyone else's. The problem was salaries went the other way. In a normal housing market, 115 years of trackable data which is shown in that same graph above the medium income dicates that housing should never cost more than 2.8 X's the average salary. In the lehigh valley in 2000 the average income was around $36,000 which was normal. At the peak when the average home was 235k that would mean you would have to spend over 6 X's your salary. This is how the credit crisis developed out of housing. Prices were rising so fast people thought they could flip, refinance and everything was ok. They did this because the realtors, media were telling people such outright lies like "Prices always go up", "they aren't making anymore land" etc.... Check out the link from David Lereah watch for all the funny lies. The problem was like with any ponzai/pyramid scheme was eventually it would end.

The facts are facts and they don't lie unlike realtors which like I linked the former chief economist of the national association of realtors David Lereah has finally admitted. There are still people in denial who think prices are going to bottom out this year and then it's off to the races again. LOL! That's what the realtors have been saying since prices started going the other way in 2006. Realtors use formula's and deceptive tactics to come up with figures that look good on paper but aren't really truthful, that's a proven fact! I love the latest which is "It's a great time to buy because prices are down". Let's examine that, since prices rose over 130% and they are only down say 30%(it's more I think but I am being generous) then if you bought now your still overpaying a minimum of 90%. Prices are going to continue to drop and they will be dropping faster and faster because of the economy (which is in this shape because of housing/credit) and foreclosures are going to keep doubling because of layoffs and the fact people are so far in the negative equitity range it's insanse.

The time to buy is when the average home in the lehigh valley is back to around $90k-105k and until then it's a sucker's market! Look at what the home builders are saying about this upcoming year. Remember it's already down around 30% but look at what's coming and remember every prediction for the last 2 years has come out to be much worse than predicted. ReviewJournal.com - Breaking News - Economists say housing market to remain unstable

I started letting people know this was coming in 2004 during the height of the insanity. People thought I was crazy but it's the same mentality the country had during the previous bubble market can you say DOT.COM? That dot.com crash is nothing compared to the mess were currently in and remember it's only the 2nd inning.

For all the REAL NEWS not sugar coated lies check out these web pages. They tell you the straight up truth and use sources that are completely independant and have nothing to gain from telling it like it is.


New Jersey Real Estate Report

The Housing Bubble Blog

Check these our for the truth or you can keep reading the lies printed in the morning call which like a dna test 99.99% always come from the local realtors or the local realtors paid economist.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-14-2010 at 05:22 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-22-2009, 05:12 AM
 
Location: downtown Easton
99 posts, read 320,515 times
Reputation: 95
Why do I get the feeling that all this bad news makes you happy???????????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2009, 06:10 AM
 
191 posts, read 661,973 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by househuntinginPA View Post
Why do I get the feeling that all this bad news makes you happy???????????

If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 AM
 
13,145 posts, read 31,665,582 times
Reputation: 7864
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmausRocks View Post
If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
and the whole chorus is,

if it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad?
SHERYL CROW LYRICS - If It Makes You Happy

Tone is hard to hear when just reading. No one could feel anything but sad for people that lose their homes after losing a job.
__________________
Please follow THESE rules.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 AM
 
191 posts, read 661,973 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
and the whole chorus is,

if it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad?
SHERYL CROW LYRICS - If It Makes You Happy

Tone is hard to hear when just reading. No one could feel anything but sad for people that lose their homes after losing a job.

Had people not been so neive enough to overpay and take on mortgages based on values going up, they wouldn't be in the situation. I don't feel bad for anyone. If people realized that they shouldn't pay more than 2.8X's their income most of the people in foreclosure wouldn't be there!

I do like that song though!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 AM
 
13,145 posts, read 31,665,582 times
Reputation: 7864
Who said they overpaid? Many, many people live on just one paycheck per family and cannot save up 6 months or a years worth of mortgage or even rental payments. If the bread winner in the family loses his/her job and is out of work for any length of time then they are in big trouble.
__________________
Please follow THESE rules.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2009, 08:23 AM
 
619 posts, read 2,110,127 times
Reputation: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
No one could feel anything but sad for people that lose their homes after losing a job.
Sadly, ER proves this statement wrong. It should be true...but clearly it isn't.

And I'd much rather be naive than just plain mean anyday!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2009, 09:12 AM
 
238 posts, read 706,689 times
Reputation: 141
Correct me if I'm wrong, but by just looking at the web-site provided (FSBO) I see no change. Most decent homes for sale in that web-site are close to Jersey levels. So either homeowners are in denial or the realtor's web don't want to realease realistic prices. By the way, I was browsing Weichert's site and prices seem to be about the same. Are there any realtors where I can see real ongoing prices?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm also checking out the state of PA, as a possible place for my family to move.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
 
191 posts, read 661,973 times
Reputation: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonas View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but by just looking at the web-site provided (FSBO) I see no change. Most decent homes for sale in that web-site are close to Jersey levels. So either homeowners are in denial or the realtor's web don't want to realease realistic prices. By the way, I was browsing Weichert's site and prices seem to be about the same. Are there any realtors where I can see real ongoing prices?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm also checking out the state of PA, as a possible place for my family to move.

You are lost! If you need help finding your way home, call a cab. I hear Allentown's crime rate is low. You should buy a 2nd home there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2009, 01:38 PM
 
238 posts, read 706,689 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmausRocks View Post
You are lost! If you need help finding your way home, call a cab. I hear Allentown's crime rate is low. You should buy a 2nd home there.

Your answer is very elocuent. I believe a troglodyte has a better capacity than you to answer a simple question!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:35 AM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top