Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 03:58 PM

113 posts, read 309,514 times

Advertisements

why did they close linden hotel at 7th and linden? I was used to go there and i liked the owner pam. Someone told me that she was going to open the bar up. This was closed along time ago. If i owned the bar i would turn the bar into a apartment or a hotel for out of town people and turn the bar into a eating place. It is a shame that the bar as been closed down for so long. I had alot of good times there and hope i will beable to enjoy it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 04:23 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
The Linden Hotel was a legendary dive bar. I drank there in my prime. I danced with the old WW2 war veteran drunks blowing away there pension/SSI/armed forces checks who are assuredly long gone by now. In addition there were some rugged cougar women who I had some intimate encounters with. We would all go to the old All American Diner at closing and hang with the homosexuals from the Stonewall. Those were the days. Yes bring back the Linden Hotel as a bar. None of this bs sports bar baloney. Keep it dingy with the small pony glasses of Bud and Patsy Cline on the jukebox. Nothing was more poetic than sitting there by the window as Patsy Cline played and we looked out the window at the 7-11 with the late summer sun was going down. Ah, memories!

Old 02-15-2009, 02:38 PM

113 posts, read 309,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
The Linden Hotel was a legendary dive bar. I drank there in my prime. I danced with the old WW2 war veteran drunks blowing away there pension/SSI/armed forces checks who are assuredly long gone by now. In addition there were some rugged cougar women who I had some intimate encounters with. We would all go to the old All American Diner at closing and hang with the homosexuals from the Stonewall. Those were the days. Yes bring back the Linden Hotel as a bar. None of this bs sports bar baloney. Keep it dingy with the small pony glasses of Bud and Patsy Cline on the jukebox. Nothing was more poetic than sitting there by the window as Patsy Cline played and we looked out the window at the 7-11 with the late summer sun was going down. Ah, memories!
. I loved your story. I drank in the linden hotel in the 80's 90's and until they closed. I alsoate at the all american diner and talked to the homosexuals. Linden hotel should be saved because it is a part of history. I would love to print this out to show people in city hall. I would also like to do something to bring back the linden hotel.

Old 02-06-2024, 08:55 PM

3 posts, read 2,738 times
I actually own the 1940 cigarette machine that used to be in the Linden Hotel and bar. I got it at an antique auction. When I opened it up , at the bottom I found a book of matches with the linden Hotel name and city on them. Pretty cool ...It is in GREAT shape. It is Metal painted to look like brown wood and a light up CIGARETTE logo on top. d.presti58@yahoo.com

Old 02-29-2024, 02:34 AM

3 posts, read 2,738 times
The cigarette machine is a 1940 Vend A Matic. Wood faux in great shape. It still works. Anyone interested in buying...contact Dave.... d.presti58@yahoo.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley