U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2009, 08:29 AM

392 posts, read 1,272,702 times

Advertisements

Wife and I were planning to move to NC, but that is falling through due to the economy. We now live in Salisbury, but are thinking of moving to Easton/Palmer, but are open to anything that would open us up on 78 (closer to Jersey). We're looking for houses in the $200k-$325k range (4+ beds). Only major must haves are with walk out basements (pretty much a must with my pinball machines) and far from any ghetto areas.

Any suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 11:19 AM

242 posts, read 771,985 times
Stavs I would check in Williams Twp...thats always quick to 78...I don't know about finding a single home with a walkout there but maybe a townhome or something....If not there check more on the Northside by like Palmer and Forks area should get you something nice.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 02-09-2009, 12:09 PM

99 posts, read 307,028 times
Take a look at Highland Village in Easton. You can get a very nice 4 bedroom house ( less than 10 yrs. old) . There are a few resales on the market, in the mid 200's. 78 is literally in your backyard. Lots of luck to you!

Old 02-09-2009, 02:59 PM

I'll have to check those out. Thanks for the replies!

The walkout/daylight basement is a must have, so I'll have to keep searching. Getting pins down is ok (but not preferred), but getting them up and out is a nightmare!

Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 PM

4 posts, read 25,886 times
Default Easton Area Real Estate

You might want to check out Bethlehem Township and Lower Saucon as well

Old 02-11-2009, 07:58 AM

Saucon Valley is definitely appealing. We live in Salisbury now and really like the area. Would be nice if something that meets our needs shows up there.

I cant believe the taxes in some of these areas. Forks is nuts with the taxes...Salisbury was pretty reasonable IMO.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:46 PM

Thanks for the info, but I am definitely looking for a single. I need space between me and others. We are loud people

Old 02-15-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by househuntinginPA View Post
Take a look at Highland Village in Easton. You can get a very nice 4 bedroom house ( less than 10 yrs. old) . There are a few resales on the market, in the mid 200's. 78 is literally in your backyard. Lots of luck to you!
Went through the Highlands today. Wasnt impressed. The homes are on top of each other, and I dont like the mix of twins and singles. Way too cookie cutter for me. Also, the new lots they have are garbage. The back yards are very steep with no usable space. Oh, not enough parking either if you have a party it seems. The houses looked ok, but not enough amenities either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley