U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 AM

11 posts, read 34,387 times

Advertisements

OK so I posted here a couple weeks back and got some good feedback on where to look. We have been to Bethlehem and Allentown. We decided to apply for a house in the west side of Allentown, but I need some more information about that area since I am hearing SO much mixed info. When we went out there, the neighborhood was really nice and the neighbors seemed very nice as well. The block looked alot like my neighborhood in NJ. The rent for the house is dirt cheap (1100) and it is a very nice, clean, updates place. We were in the area by South 24th St. off of W. South St.....any feedback about that neighborhood, schools, etc....

It was a little weird though because the neighborhood a couple blocks over looked like a mini McMansion-ville...seemed like a whole different neighborhood than where we were with ranches and cape cods....
I noticed lots of parks and the streets were very quiet.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 11:27 AM

11 posts, read 34,387 times
anyone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinesmama View Post
OK so I posted here a couple weeks back and got some good feedback on where to look. We have been to Bethlehem and Allentown. We decided to apply for a house in the west side of Allentown, but I need some more information about that area since I am hearing SO much mixed info. When we went out there, the neighborhood was really nice and the neighbors seemed very nice as well. The block looked alot like my neighborhood in NJ. The rent for the house is dirt cheap (1100) and it is a very nice, clean, updates place. We were in the area by South 24th St. off of W. South St.....any feedback about that neighborhood, schools, etc....

It was a little weird though because the neighborhood a couple blocks over looked like a mini McMansion-ville...seemed like a whole different neighborhood than where we were with ranches and cape cods....
I noticed lots of parks and the streets were very quiet.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:32 AM

31,285 posts, read 69,865,305 times
Welcome in advance to PA! Please don't become discouraged. The Lehigh Valley sub-forum has very few active posters, but the ones who DO post are always very helpful and should hopefully be along shortly to direct you the best that they can. I'm not very familiar with Allentown, so I'll let a "local" help you out here. Best of luck!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:43 AM

12,870 posts, read 29,512,737 times
I'm sorry hinesmomma, but Scranbarre is right- this isn't a very active forum and some of us more active posters are not natives and do not live in Allentown or Bethlehem. What school district are you in - Allentown or Parkland? I'm not sure why the McMansions should bother you. Better them then a low income area. From what you've posted, it all sounds good to me.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:59 PM

113 posts, read 279,184 times
Default your move to allentown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinesmama View Post
anyone??
. That is a nice area and a good price to pay for rent. I live on the north side in a bad area. i wish that i could afford to move away. I do not know much about the schools. That may be emmaus or parkland. good luck with your move and god bless you.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:28 PM

12,870 posts, read 29,512,737 times
The choices are Parkland or Allentown. East Penn School district (Emmaus and Macungie) is farther South.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or