U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 01:14 PM

4,123 posts, read 8,001,179 times

Advertisements

For 2 decades the downtown Allentown professional women have been wearing white pump sneakers. This is an old outdated late 80's fashion which has never gone out of style in this town. These women need to develop a much better sense of fashion.

When I see these milqetoast women walk down the street in their largely outdated garb I can only imagine the shallow, uninteresting conversations they are having. Im sure it is about some reality show or their husband's softball game. I just sigh and shake my head in disgust. The last time I did this an old crotchedy man gave me an approving glance as if he knew what I was thinking.

Another thing I have noticed is nurses bringing banquet TV dinners with them to eat on their breaks. These are people in the health field. Shouldn't they know that this processed microwave garbage is not good for them? Why not bring a tuna on rye sandwich with a granola bar for lunch? What is the matter with these people? I guess since they are nurses they know they have good health care benefits.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 01:58 PM

12,867 posts, read 29,502,650 times
My guess is they are talking about how much trouble it is to figure out what to wear compared to guys that can get away with wearing the same type of clothing every day and know that their outfits will be scrutinized while guys get a free pass......

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:23 PM

143 posts, read 422,763 times
Thumbs down I personally know a number of the ladies take

I personally know a number of the ladies who take or keep those sneakers at work to walk at lunch time. Some, however more and more rarely, will even walk home. With all the crime few walk home anymore it isn't safe.

My own wife of 39 years and several of her lady friends walk together at lunch everyday if they can. They all wear nice fashionable shoes for work, but not to walk in at lunch time, not on our sidewalks and hills. Each wears a good pair of walking sneakers or shoes.

loose cannon, do you have a wife or even a girl friend? Your views of women are more out of date then anyones wardrobe .

Old 07-25-2009, 02:56 PM

4,123 posts, read 8,001,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA.Dutchman View Post
I personally know a number of the ladies who take or keep those sneakers at work to walk at lunch time. Some, however more and more rarely, will even walk home. With all the crime few walk home anymore it isn't safe.

My own wife of 39 years and several of her lady friends walk together at lunch everyday if they can. They all wear nice fashionable shoes for work, but not to walk in at lunch time, not on our sidewalks and hills. Each wears a good pair of walking sneakers or shoes.

loose cannon, do you have a wife or even a girl friend? Your views of women are more out of date then anyones wardrobe .

No one meets my standards. Too many boring people. I get by on my own.

You exaggerate the problems of Allentown. Put on your game face and walk the streets with purpose.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,274 times
Oh no! This is the biggest problem in all of the lehigh county call the waaaaaaammmbulance

Old 07-26-2009, 02:29 PM

832 posts, read 1,301,842 times
Loose cannon, please don't bring fashion topics onto city-data. :-)

Old 08-04-2009, 10:06 PM

3 posts, read 6,511 times
Default Suits & Sneakers

I have to agree with the white sneakers comment. I can tell you I'm originally from Philadelphia and know of women there who wore sneakers to walk to work/subway/bus... and then once they get to work they either have a pair of ork pumps at the office or in their bag to change into I'm hoping the women of Allentown are doing the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley