U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 09:11 PM

13,097 posts, read 31,257,282 times

Advertisements

Musikfest is coming! Yes, It is a little too popular, the crowds are crazy but it's all kinds of music and it's right here. Anyone planning to go to any of the concerts? Musikfest 2009 :: America's Music Festival :: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania My husband and I usually go and just hang out, watch a few bands and sample the goodies.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 05:31 AM

1,195 posts, read 2,818,398 times
Nah, when I lived in downtown Bethlehem I used Musikfest week to take my vacation time and get out of town. Too many crowds, punk kids, overpriced food & beer, etc.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 5,786 times
Musikfest was a contributing factor to move out of Bethlehem 16 years ago.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:21 PM

4,281 posts, read 8,459,550 times
A nauseating, corporate mess.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:07 AM

1,195 posts, read 2,818,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
A nauseating, corporate mess.
Or as some locals call it, "Moneyfest"

Old 08-01-2009, 05:27 AM

93 posts, read 295,868 times
The problem with Musikfest is that it's a big time event run by small time people. The bookers are idiots who'd be better suited to choosing set lists for elementary school holiday shows. But I have fun getting buzzed, roaming around and half-laughing at the spectacle of polka and various musicians who couldn't fill a broom closet if they were performing alone suddenly playing for crowds because people are at the festival and at some point have to stand and listen to someone.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:51 PM

50 posts, read 181,875 times
Wow...everyone is so negative. Musikfest is a great festival for a city the size of Bethlehem. No other town/city in PA can match it for all the music acts presented (maybe the Pittsburgh Arts Festival comes in a far second). I live right in downtown and yes, the traffic can be bad but only when everyone is leaving. Plus, I can walk to all the venues and love the concerts at the Foy Music Hall. It is one of Bethlehem's signature events and really puts us on the "map" in some respects.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:03 AM

27,353 posts, read 27,659,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithlantz View Post
Wow...everyone is so negative. Musikfest is a great festival for a city the size of Bethlehem. No other town/city in PA can match it for all the music acts presented (maybe the Pittsburgh Arts Festival comes in a far second). I live right in downtown and yes, the traffic can be bad but only when everyone is leaving. Plus, I can walk to all the venues and love the concerts at the Foy Music Hall. It is one of Bethlehem's signature events and really puts us on the "map" in some respects.
yes, I agree with you, sheeshhh? I used to love Musikfest,a nd have missed it for years, but used to go up every night after work...and it's great fun, although, I don't believe it's geared towards children, so I would suggest, leaving the kids at home and get out and have some fun. I always enjoyed the ethnic food and all the different ethnic dancing...some great fun...plus all the bands and free music. It's great! My cousin always said he would love to buy a home right around the moravian area and be there for Musikfest. I know hundreds of people take vacation and spend the week there.....

It's festive and loads of fun!

Old 08-21-2009, 09:00 AM

13,097 posts, read 31,257,282 times
I think the best time for kids is before dark when the rowdies come out and the last night when they have fireworks. I like Musikfest, my daughter and husband each got to a concert this year and really enjoyed them.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>