Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 PM

79 posts, read 295,631 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about these new rentals?

This is the address:

2501 Allenbrook Drive
Allentown, PA

Is this a good area? I am looking to move to PA.. We are a nice family with an 8 yr old daughter.. I am looking for good schools, and a nice area with shopping but not too congested.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 05:33 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Well, it's right next to a busy highway and not walking distance to anyplace except an Entemanns outlet and a Chinese restaurant. School-wise, you would be in Allentown school district, which is also not a good thing. Probably safe enough though. Do you have to live in Allentown?

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 PM

79 posts, read 295,631 times
I have actually been researching NEPA for the past month, and now I am looking at Lehigh Valley. I am relocating from Florida (I moved here last year from Long Island, NY). I want something with a good school district, and somewhere that has nice rental communities. Jobs are not an issue, we own our own business and we work from home. I also need something no more than 3 hours from Long Island since our families are there and we will be visiting often.

I just booked a trip to visit in two weeks.. so any help with towns in Lehigh Valley would be appreciated.. So far, I heard Macunige, Emmaus, and Bethlehem. How is Allentown? Are there good parts?

Old 08-30-2009, 06:39 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,110,311 times
Like the other posters said, it's next to I-78 (although behind a sound barrier). It's a half mile away from a Giant supermarket and other shops. Go another mile or two and you're on Lehigh Street, with a small shopping mall, various stores and restaurants, and almost any car dealer you can imagine. I'd say the area is safe, although the older apartment complex next door can be a little sketchy. If you're looking for a new upscale apartment, I'd suggest the two new complexes in Bethlehem. Bethlehem Fields near the Hellertown exit on I-78 (although this is located right next to the highway also), or the one behind Lowe's off 378 (Woodmont Mews or something like that?). Bethlehem schools aren't perfect but they're better than Allentown.
Another new complex is being built in Upper Macungie off the 222 bypass. That one probably has the best schools but is the farthest from shopping, restaurants, and the rest of established civilization.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:24 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
I've only seen them from the outside but the Trexler Park apartments in the West End of Allentown look very nice to me. They are right across from a park and within walking distance of Wegman's - the area's favorite grocery store. Most importantly, they are in Parkland School district, not Allentown. If Schools are a priority, look for apartments in Parkland and Emmaus school districts. I believe you can search for apartments by school districts. This may help Allentown Apartments for rent in PENNSYLVANIA | ApartmentFinder.com

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:34 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillzilla View Post
Does anyone know anything about these new rentals?

This is the address:

2501 Allenbrook Drive
Allentown, PA

Is this a good area? I am looking to move to PA.. We are a nice family with an 8 yr old daughter.. I am looking for good schools, and a nice area with shopping but not too congested.

Thanks!!
The area itself is ok (your reasonably safe) but the schools in Allentown aren't the greatest. I would look for anything in the Parkland or East Penn school districts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley