Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 03:22 PM

124 posts, read 340,579 times

Advertisements

I'd love some info on Forks and Palmer. My husband and I have decided to overlook Nazareth for a bit bc we keep hearing that the taxes are on the rise and we need to avoid that. We have friends in Forks and have been telling us from day 1 that we would be very happy raising our family there. I know that the schools (Easton) rank very low - actually the lowest in Northampton County but they say they love them ....???? We could always do private if we keep the price of our home lower.

Also, any info on Williams? I know it is a seperate SD (Wilson) and ranks just below Bethlehem. Again, would love info on the town....we can figure the schools out once we figure out which town we like. We hear that there is a 2 acre minimum here - correct? That is a lovely thing if so. We are not into the 1/4 of an acre nonsense in these new developments - looking for a new house on an acre on a quiet street type of deal. Thanks a bunch!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 03:55 PM

208 posts, read 647,198 times
Well, if you are looking for an acre or more and a new home, you will most likely have Williams Township as your only choice. Palmer and Forks newer developments tend to be on 1/2 acre or less. Wilson is a nice smaller district and Williams Township is a beautiful area. They have a good elementary school and the athletic programs are nice. That will probably be your best bet.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:50 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,572,585 times
Yes, Penney is right. Forks and Palmer are wonderful places to live, and good neighborhoods. But the properties are not on acres. That would be more like the Brodheadsville, Pa area.....there there is acre limits. Land sizes are large.........and the schools are good. Pleasant Valley schools are close by.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:54 PM

1,213 posts, read 3,091,440 times
Williams is a beautiful place to live, but not cheap. Especially if you want any land beyond an acre or two. Just stay away from the immediate area of the Chrin landfill.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:17 PM

Thanks for the info....we need to stay as close to NJ/NY as possible as we will be commuting to Somerset and Manhattan. I haven't heard of Brodheadsville - I'm guessing it is further than what we are looking for??? I did notice in my search that Williams was pricier than Forks/Palmer. I happened to find 2 homes with an acre and 1 with a 1/2 lol. Oh well. I think we really want to stick with Forks. I will settle for a 1/2 an acre but don't really want to go less than that.

Anyone know anything about The Estates at Bushkill Creek in Forks? Very interested at a home for sale in this development.....

Old 10-29-2009, 11:21 AM

392 posts, read 1,370,782 times
I live in Forks (Ramblewood) and I love it. We moved there about 2 months ago. People are friendly and the taxes are high, but that does keep out the riff raff. Lots of local businessess, as the area tends to shy away from chains which is nice. It is very peaceful there.

Old 10-31-2009, 07:34 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,572,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyi View Post
Thanks for the info....we need to stay as close to NJ/NY as possible as we will be commuting to Somerset and Manhattan. I haven't heard of Brodheadsville - I'm guessing it is further than what we are looking for??? I did notice in my search that Williams was pricier than Forks/Palmer. I happened to find 2 homes with an acre and 1 with a 1/2 lol. Oh well. I think we really want to stick with Forks. I will settle for a 1/2 an acre but don't really want to go less than that.

Anyone know anything about The Estates at Bushkill Creek in Forks? Very interested at a home for sale in this development.....
The Estates........Gorgeous homes, good prices, great location..........
I love some of the large, inviting windows. I hope you get to check the area out soon.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:32 PM

25 posts, read 225,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
The Estates........Gorgeous homes, good prices, great location..........
I love some of the large, inviting windows. I hope you get to check the area out soon.
Someset is not a bad commute but Manhattan is a killer !!!! Personally I would not want to spend four hours or more a day in a bus.

Best of luck to you

Old 11-12-2009, 01:56 PM

16 posts, read 51,494 times
Somerset is about 1-1.5 hours depending on traffic from Nazareth - down 33 to 78. Not sure how Forks would be if you need to get off on 22 and go through Phillipsburg.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:59 PM

Thank you : ) I am really in love with Upper Nazareth (Bushkill) but for some reason ppl are trying to guide us towards Forks, Palmer area....just trying to figure out why. Hmmmmmm.....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley