U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 05:34 AM

135 posts, read 335,257 times

Advertisements

Here is a foreclosure list for 2 areas and this list does not include the homes that are 2 months or more late on the mortgage.

MACUNGIE----47 FORECLOSURES

EMMAUS ------44 FORECLOSURES

Pre 2002 before the housing bubble you were lucky to have 2-3 foreclosures in these towns. This list will only get bigger as unemployments gets worse and home values continue their downwird spiral.

The biggest hit for the housing market will start once the hyper-inflation begins. It's going to make the Carter years of inflation seem like something we could only wish for.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-15-2009, 04:28 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,971,171 times
Why would you give this post a thumbs up? Families losing their homes is sad, not cause for a thumbs up!

I hope being right helps you sleep at night

Old 12-15-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyLiz View Post
Why would you give this post a thumbs up? Families losing their homes is sad, not cause for a thumbs up!

I hope being right helps you sleep at night

Do you feel sorry for gamblers that lose? Why should anyone feel sorry for people dumb enough to buy a home or take all of the false equitity out of there home to buy useless stuff?

Foreclosures are only going to get worse and prices are only going to continue a downwird spiral. At the peak Lehigh Valley the average home was 245k now it's around 175k(McCall number from realtors so it's always worse). Before prices are done you'll see the average lehigh valley home value at around 85-95k or less. The insane prices of the housing bubble years will never come back. That means anyone who bought during the bubble years should most likely walk away or continue paying for a home that you'll never have equitity in. Just the facts. Like Jack said, "You cant handle the truth".

Old 12-16-2009, 07:34 AM

34 posts, read 95,303 times
Some people foreclose because they lose their jobs, not because they are dumb or gamblers.

Sounds like Emmaus Rocks got himself a new user name.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:23 PM

TooBusy you listen to facts instead of bias newspapers. You linked a bias realtor based print from the morning call while I show facts.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:50 AM

124 posts, read 306,350 times
LifetimeLocal, you should truly be ashamed of many of the comments that you post here. As Timbass has stated, most ppl who have gone into foreclosure lately have lost their jobs which lead them to the sad state they are in financially. I am sure when they bought their home, they could afford it at the time and had never thought of a recession as bad as it is now would ever happen or effect them. Who does? All of us with jobs should feel lucky that we are still working and able to afford our homes. Remember God punishes. I firmly believe in this.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:52 AM

And if you don't believe in God, there's always Karma that will come back and bite you in the a$$.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyi View Post
LifetimeLocal, you should truly be ashamed of many of the comments that you post here. As Timbass has stated, most ppl who have gone into foreclosure lately have lost their jobs which lead them to the sad state they are in financially. I am sure when they bought their home, they could afford it at the time and had never thought of a recession as bad as it is now would ever happen or effect them. Who does? All of us with jobs should feel lucky that we are still working and able to afford our homes. Remember God punishes. I firmly believe in this.
You are simply WRONG. Your thought process is exactly the type of thinking that got us into this mess.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:33 PM

Absolutely not so.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:24 PM

12,866 posts, read 29,493,520 times
This thread has caused nothing but bickering. I'm sorry but I'm locking it up.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley