U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 02:03 PM

392 posts, read 1,278,055 times

Advertisements

Looking to find a good cheese steak over on the Easton side of the area. It seems that the Lehigh Valley version of the cheese steak is the diced up mini meat with some sort of sauce and pickles. That is not a Philly Cheese Steak. I am looking for something thats sliced ribeye, similiar to what you would find at Geno's or Pat's. Lee's Hoagie House was pretty good, but thats over in Emmaus, and I dont live anywhere near there anymore. Tommy's on South 4th street was good as well, but unfortunately they are long gone and replaced by Mateys.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 06:21 PM

12,914 posts, read 29,799,816 times
Stavs, no suggestions for Easton but just want to disagree with you about places in Lehigh Valley not knowing how to make a Philly style cheesesteak. Our local Italian restaurant in Coopersurg, Ecco Domani, makes a great cheesesteak. Ecco Domani Italian Restaurant & Catering:

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Stavs, no suggestions for Easton but just want to disagree with you about places in Lehigh Valley not knowing how to make a Philly style cheesesteak. Our local Italian restaurant in Coopersurg, Ecco Domani, makes a great cheesesteak. Ecco Domani Italian Restaurant & Catering:
Is it diced up mini-meat or nice slices?

Old 01-06-2010, 03:48 PM

245 posts, read 863,192 times
I'm anxious to hear what people recommend because my husband who used to work and live in Philly is complaining about not being able to find a good Philly style cheesesteak.........he was saying it's impossible to find this side of PA.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:53 PM

Lee's hoagie house is the closest I've found that still exists.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:02 PM

388 posts, read 982,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavs View Post
Looking to find a good cheese steak over on the Easton side of the area. It seems that the Lehigh Valley version of the cheese steak is the diced up mini meat with some sort of sauce and pickles. That is not a Philly Cheese Steak. I am looking for something thats sliced ribeye, similiar to what you would find at Geno's or Pat's. Lee's Hoagie House was pretty good, but thats over in Emmaus, and I dont live anywhere near there anymore. Tommy's on South 4th street was good as well, but unfortunately they are long gone and replaced by Mateys.

Pats and Genos both suck.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekish View Post

Surely you jest! What do you recommend then? A blanket statement like that doesnt really help out. If they are so bad, give us an alternative to form our own judgement.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:09 PM

2,214 posts, read 6,979,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekish View Post
They sure do - unless you're drunk at 3:00 a.m.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,564,075 times
Stavs, in the meantime maybe you can run over to R & R Provisions and buy some meat & make your own?

Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 PM

Home made is not the same.....I need to go to Lees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley