U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 12:32 PM

62 posts, read 129,494 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Can anyone tell em about Eagles Landing. The more I am looking into areas to relocate I find myself like Nazareth esp. Eagles. Whats it like living there how are the hoa? DO you pay for garbabge or is that included in yoru hoa? How bad is electric and gas? Question for anyone who lives there did you buy your house built or had it built? if so how did the pricing work out? I see some new ones at 302k is that the price or is there added into it?
Thank you for youe help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 01:04 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,535,431 times
There was another thread on Eagles Landing/Tuskes that I remember:
//www.city-data.com/forum/lehig...-nazareth.html

There were apparently storm water issues in the development, so be careful of that particular issue as you move forward. Good luck!

Old 01-29-2010, 01:24 PM

16 posts, read 45,773 times
I live there and have had minimal issues with the construction. The HOA just changed management companies (from an outside firm back to the builder). Garbage is extra - I think there's 3 - 4 companies that pick up. All the houses built now are 2x6 construction which seems to help with the insulation. Gas/electric bills aren't too bad. Gas bill last month (with a lot of nights in the low teens) was <$300 and electric was about $100 or so.

We bought a spec house at the stud phase, so we were able to pick all colors, flooring, cabinets, etc.

The houses listed at $302K (starting at $299K as of the last newspaper ad I saw) are in the back of the subdivision closest to the park. My guess is that's the starting price and options are extra.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:37 PM

how are garbage pick prices? what are the taxes in eagles? are there alot of kids in the area?

Old 01-29-2010, 02:25 PM

sorry to ask is it natural gas? did you get yoru house for the listed price?

Old 01-29-2010, 02:36 PM

13 posts, read 45,738 times
I live in Eagles Landing as well. We moved in less than a year ago. We definitely like the area and do feel it is a nice development.

Our home in particular has had a few issues. We had some settling issues with backfill around the foundation. This cause our walkway to our house and part of our driveway to be replaced. Our foundation has cracked in about five places and our bilco door leaks in multiple spots. We have quite a few areas were the floors are creeky and pop, including our bathroom tile floor. So far, they have been pretty good about taking care of the major issues like the driveway and sidewalk, and they came out to repair a crack that was leaking (and used a process that I believe was very good and not just a quick fix). There are other threads on this board about the development and builder. Just do some searches to read other comments and issues.

When we moved in we were able to negotiate for some upgrades, got closing cost money, etc. We also traded some of their upgrades out for other things. I've looked online and it seems like pricing has remained about the same, but they may be throwing some extras in that we didn't get.

Our home is probably one of the smaller ones at around 2250 sq ft. Our last gas bill when it was really cold was around $170 for the month, which I felt was quite good coming from a home that used oil. In the summer, it was only maybe $40. Electric has been around $60-$70, but approached $120-$130 in the summer. Our garbage hauler charges $30 a month which includes recycling as well. The HOA dues went down to $66/quarter this year because the builder took over as administrator.

There seems to be a lot of kids in the development. Our street has a lot of youngsters, elementary school and younger.

Even with some problems with the house, as long as they continue to take care of the issues that come up, I'd say we are pretty satisfied with our home.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:56 PM

sounds good as long as they take care of the problems. I assume you had yor house built, how long did it take ot build and close?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:37 PM

13 posts, read 45,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2grls1by View Post
sounds good as long as they take care of the problems. I assume you had yor house built, how long did it take ot build and close?
A little over three months. We started from the dirt up. If you have any more detailed questions, I'd be happy to try and give you an objective account. Just send me a direct message.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:05 AM

16 posts, read 45,773 times
Our trash is about $30 per month too including recycling. Taxes are based on Upper Nazareth rates. Not the highest in the area, but not the lowest either.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:59 AM

124 posts, read 306,325 times
It is natural gas, public sewer, public water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley