U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:52 PM

61 posts, read 207,832 times

Advertisements

Uh oh we found another Parkland hater. You are generalizing too when you rip on Parkland. Not every Parkland kid is well off. My post didn't say all the downtown kids are bad or all the forks kids are great, or anything like that. You just interpreted it that way.

Have you ever driven through Wilson? It is an urban school, at least in my definition. It's not Easton, but it is still urban. Heck, it's only a couple blocks from Easton which we all agree is urban. And absolutely Forks township and parts of Palmer have some high end kids, I know, I work with them and their parents. I stand by my post 100%. I'm a strong believer that a bad clientele tanks a school and I'm not alone. Ask any teacher, throw a couple really needy kids in a classroom and it changes the experience entirely.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:56 PM

208 posts, read 587,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_PSU View Post
Uh oh we found another Parkland hater. You are generalizing too when you rip on Parkland. Not every Parkland kid is well off. My post didn't say all the downtown kids are bad or all the forks kids are great, or anything like that. You just interpreted it that way.

Have you ever driven through Wilson? It is an urban school, at least in my definition. It's not Easton, but it is still urban. Heck, it's only a couple blocks from Easton which we all agree is urban. And absolutely Forks township and parts of Palmer have some high end kids, I know, I work with them and their parents. I stand by my post 100%. I'm a strong believer that a bad clientele tanks a school and I'm not alone. Ask any teacher, throw a couple really needy kids in a classroom and it changes the experience entirely.
Well, Matt, I grew up in Wilson so, um, yeah, I have "driven through it." I could absolutely not care less about Parkland and am not a hater, just have had experience with many of them as elitists. The funny part about your post is that you are insinuating that if a child is from an "urban" environment, they may be needy. Does that mean that children from well-to-do families and schools are not? If that's what you believe, you need to go back and revisit that. Why do you think so many well-to-do kids get addicted to drugs? Because their parents are more concerned with making money or themselves to pay attention to their kids and just hand them money to pacify them. As far as your post, unless you have walked the walk, please don't offer opinions on areas you are not familiar with other than a "drive through."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley