U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:24 AM

22 posts, read 39,699 times

Advertisements

Will do, I still am looking for input on fountain hill from anyone else though.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 04:08 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,596,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphil2 View Post
Will do, I still am looking for input on fountain hill from anyone else though.

Thanks
I lived in Fountain Hill briefly, and have extended family who have lived there for 25+ years. What specifically are you looking to know?

Old 02-15-2010, 05:19 PM

Id say we are most interested in which parts are reasonably safe and not full of loud college students. I love the architecture and feel of this area but she wont go for it if we wont be safe enough to walk around in the evening. Granted we lived in a rough area at school but its not really something I'd like to repeat. I know the five points area changes drastically once the sun goes down as I spent a few hours waiting for her there once after a meeting. I feel that all places have their good parts though and don't want to disregard an entire section of the city based on one experience.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:55 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,596,395 times
The five points area is indeed rough, but that's technically in the city of Bethlehem. Fountain Hill starts somewhere around the 900 or 1000 block of Broadway, when driving away from five points. Most of Fountain Hill is fine. Especially the areas with all of the little brick detatched houses, and the area bordering Salisbury. Many of the residents are older. The few multi-family properties are centered around Broadway and the area bordering Bethlehem. As for areas/streets to avoid? This is not definitive but based on my experience. Avoid Cherokee, Pawnee, South Bishopthorpe, Christian, Broadway below the 1300 block, Fiot, Bishopthorpe near Broadway, and Itaska. Everything else is generally safe. Avoid any parts of Bethlehem city between the Fountain Hill border and five points for the most part. That includes a bunch of other streets but you can look at a map.

Fountain Hill doesn't really draw a college crowd from what I can tell.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:47 AM

thanks alot for all your help, I really appreciate it. We will be looking around this weekend to see how she likes it and if we can find any nice apartments not listed online/ in the newspaper. I cant wait to move, the hour drive is getting old lol !!

Old 02-19-2010, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 1,031 times
Although the Poconos are beautiful, you won't be disappointed moving down here. I've lived in various places throughout the Valley for most of my life and I love it (especially the mix of urban and rural). In fact, I write for a blog called Lehigh Valley InSite to share my experiences in the Valley ! Once you do move down here and are looking for restaurants, shops, events, things to do, etc. check out - great site with lots of info. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Last edited by toobusytoday; 02-20-2010 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: so sorry, new posters cannot post links

Old 02-20-2010, 07:23 PM

thanks, we'll check it out. We actually took a trip to Bethlehem today for the afternoon. We got a chance to walk around some places we hadn't been to yet and loved it. We also found a number of for rent signs that we will be checking out shortly!

Old 02-26-2010, 07:10 PM

went to view an apartment building this week on main street.. too bad the agent had already rented it out before anyone got the chance to view it... they might have more openings soon so we shall see. Thanks again to everyone for your help. Cant wait to move down to the LV!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:35 PM

12,870 posts, read 29,517,912 times
If you want to go a little further South, I saw two signs on buildings on Main street in Coopersburg with apartments for rent. That's pretty unusual.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:06 AM

Coopersburg is a great area but not sure if its in our price range. I'll check it out, thanks for the tip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley