U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 AM

2 posts, read 3,490 times

Advertisements

Hi to everybody of the forum.
Unfortunately for working reason i need to move from Philly area to Dorley park area around Hamilton Blvd on Wescosville sorrounding.

Just curious if somebody can help me to tell me more about this area, if is safe get an house there, or working there is nice.
Where will be better send my kid to school district over there, and wich part of the area will be better to live and buy an house.

Thank you to everyone will help me in this tought decision.

Nice forum!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 10:05 AM

12,866 posts, read 29,496,865 times
Dorney Park.

Dorney is in West Allentown and Parkland School district I think. Not only is it safe but Parkland is one of the best school districts in the Lehigh Valley. Parkland School District : Grades K -12, Allentown PA

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,490 times
Thank you Too busy, appreciated your help, sorry for my misspelling, did not remember well the name of the park.
Now i can move a little bit safer at this point, if I may ask , do you know about houses prices in that area? more expensive that Philly? Thank you

Old 03-03-2010, 07:42 PM

16 posts, read 81,667 times
West Allentown is nice but taxes will kill you. Depends on what type of house your looking for. Forget the rest of Allentown and you do not want to be in the Allentown School district.
Cetronia is a small burough, which is concidered South Whitehall, is right behind Dorney Park. My store, Ebert furniture is located there. It has cut houses (kind of close together) but cute. Skip Whitehall though.
Emmaus is a really nice small town and nice cute houses. It is right down Cedar Crest Blvd. Macungie in my opinion is full of townhouses and way overpopulated cookie cutter housing.
Bethlehem is nice (not South Bethlehem), Saucon Valley and Coopersburg. They are about 20 min from Allentown. all are good school districts.
Housing prices have gotten back to normal. They will be much better than Philly. Heres my Realtor...I've been looking for a house with more Acres. She's very nice and very down to earth.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 03-04-2010 at 04:53 AM.. Reason: advertising

Old 03-04-2010, 05:29 AM

12,866 posts, read 29,496,865 times
Since Realtor recommendations are NOT allowed on this site, I'm offering up this site where you can get an idea of the houses available in this area - Real Estate Listings, Homes for Sale and Rental Property Listings – REALTOR.com® Philadelphia is a huge city so I can't say if the prices are lower or higher here - are we comparing the Main Line or South Philly to what part of the Lehigh Valley? There are many nice places to live. I would suggest taking a few days to come up and look around and see what you think.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:18 PM

9 posts, read 29,172 times
lots of nice neighborhoods in that area of town, including good price ranges. Bethlehem has more character downtown and is safer downtown. Emmaus and Macungie are the towns surrounding that are very nice. The Swain School is WONDERFUL as an independent option in the area.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:40 PM

135 posts, read 335,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole-B View Post
West Allentown is nice but taxes will kill you. Depends on what type of house your looking for. Forget the rest of Allentown and you do not want to be in the Allentown School district.
Cetronia is a small burough, which is concidered South Whitehall, is right behind Dorney Park. My store, Ebert furniture is located there. It has cut houses (kind of close together) but cute. Skip Whitehall though.
Emmaus is a really nice small town and nice cute houses. It is right down Cedar Crest Blvd. Macungie in my opinion is full of townhouses and way overpopulated cookie cutter housing.
Bethlehem is nice (not South Bethlehem), Saucon Valley and Coopersburg. They are about 20 min from Allentown. all are good school districts.
Housing prices have gotten back to normal. They will be much better than Philly. Heres my Realtor...I've been looking for a house with more Acres. She's very nice and very down to earth.
"Housing prices have gotten back to normal."

This is simply not true. Prices getting back to "normal" would be pr bubble and we still have much more of a decrease to come. It will be years more of steady decline and when the bottom truely comes which I along with most indepedant economists agree prices will be more in tune with mid 90's levels because it was from the late 90's on when prices of real estate began rising at levels too high and during the late 90's prices were only rising 4-5% a year but taken over the history of housing data available(over 115 years http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...aph2.large.gif

and with inflation because salaries were not rising that fast but insurance was and thats why inflation starting going nuts but this was fuel on the fire that was only the beginning. Then came the dot.com crash and the housing/credit bubble started right after as the fix all which in turn created a bunch of mosnters who chased the gold all the way and vegas won! It does every time and now as "ALWAYS" before in every bubble it goes away.

There is not going to be a correct in housing values and more need to just accept that. The bubble prices are over and 5 years from now it will be accepted and nobody will even remember this era. Just like the dot.com which was huge in regards to personal loss but not 1/2 as bad as this bubble. When the bottom comes prices will be staying stagnant for probably a decade and thats nothing if you look at Japan which is still going through the bubble they had almost 20 years now. The call it "The lost decade" and it wasn't as large as the US was. The Lehigh Valley real estate bubble is crashing and we've been hearing for 4 years now how next season twice a year "it's going to be the bottom and prices will be rising soon" so I guess if you keep repeating something it comes true? What's the definition of madness????

This link makes it so clear to anyone that views it how there is nothing but a 100% chance of housing prices to decline to pre bubble levels. It's that simple!
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...aph2.large.gif

Here is a website that is updated daily with useful information that should be refered to if buying/renting a home in the Lehigh Valley anytime in the present or future. Having this knowledge and reference could save you tens of thousands of dollars and countless headaches!

http://patrick.net/housing/crash.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley