U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 01:34 PM

556 posts, read 718,615 times

Advertisements

I'll be moving to Bethlehem PA very soon. I have a child starting kindergarten in the fall. I was wondering if anyone can give me their opinions on Calypso school. Also I'd like any opinions about Spring street. We know NOTHING about the area and I was shocked to see the row homes on Spring Street (some of which didn't seem that well taken care of) and then the HUGE homes just blocks away. Is Spring Street a bad street?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 10:15 AM

Wow, I thought by now I would have gotten some info here about Spring street and the school :-/ We did move to Bethlehem. When we first looked at the area was after the big snow. Now that we're here I realized that Spring Street looked bad because everyone had their trash cans on their porches due to the snow, and I suppose maybe trash pick up was cancelled that week? I'm pretty happy with the area so far, it seems very family oriented with lots of kids out playing, walking and riding their bikes. It also seems like EVERYONE has atleast one dog if not more! I've never lived somewhere with SO MANY dog owners. It's been a month since we moved, I take the kids for walks everyday and have NEVER seen anyone not clean up after their dog, which is a plus in my book

I'd still like any info or opinions on the area. Also, I've been trying to figure out what area our neighborhood is in. We are on Spring street, near Calypso school. Is this the West side?

Old 04-21-2010, 04:40 PM

63 posts, read 157,436 times
Yes, I'd call that area West side, you are west of downtown and near the West Side Park. Calypso's scores are just ok, but everyone I talk to who sends their kid there seems to think it's great. Lots of families and also retirees who have been here since forever.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:24 PM

I am concerned about the so so test scores, I figure I'll just have to do more school work at home with him to make sure he's up to our standards. I did meet a mom here that said the school is fantastic. So I guess I'll have to wait untill Sept. to make my opinion.

Thank you!

Oh, and one more question....Would you consider this area a safe neighborhood?

Old 04-23-2010, 09:51 PM

63 posts, read 157,436 times
Yes. Have you had any issues since moving here?

Old 04-24-2010, 10:02 AM

Nope, no issues. We did have a neighbor across our side street give us the stank eye for awhile. He seemed to be late teens early 20's. But after a few weeks he stopped, and 2 other people that live in the same house finally came over to introduce themselves. We also had an elderly neighbor b*tch my husband out because our dog barking was bothering her while she was trying to say her prayers and sleep...at 3pm! lol. I think she was ust having a bad day though.

All in all it's seems fine here. I just think it's all ways better to ask about a neighborhood, because sometimes it takes a while to realize where the problems m=could be

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley