Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 06:35 AM

11 posts, read 17,255 times

Advertisements

My wife and i went to the metaphysical expo at Allentowns Agri-plex building this weekend and encountered a clairvoyant life reader. I was just wondering if anyone has any personal interaction with her and if she's on the level. If you have please could u elaborate a little to verify no hoaxes being thrown around from those who may not believe or have a closed mind? Thank You very much because she hit very clearly what could not be explained away. No touching or questions answered by myself to allow for a cold reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 02:51 PM

556 posts, read 797,667 times
Hahahahahaha!

Old 05-22-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel6604 View Post
Hahahahahaha!

I'm glad to receive an intelligent well thought out response from someone who had actual contact with this person. Closed minded individuals such as yourself are one of the reasons I fought for freedom of this country, but also so I can reply. There's more to this life that you or I could ever explain or understand. I've had first hand encounters with individuals throughout my travels of the world and actually some of them have been in the US that have an ability that couldn't logically be explained away. What I asked was for a response from someone who actually knew this person because I had some questions of my own which didn't meet my criteria of a valid person with these abilities. So once again thanks for your idiotic, closed minded perspective and lack of respect for a question with thoughts outside of the box, but should I ever need an opinion on a narrow minded subject requiring 2 letters or less for a response I'll be happy to look you up for another input.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:30 PM

24,056 posts, read 32,378,688 times
This sounds very interesting to me. It is indeed unfortunate that people get their jollies by making fun of people groups or thought systems that they cannot or do not understand.
I mean why bother to post if the response is only to ridicule another?
Does this violate the TOS?

Old 05-23-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
This sounds very interesting to me. It is indeed unfortunate that people get their jollies by making fun of people groups or thought systems that they cannot or do not understand.
I mean why bother to post if the response is only to ridicule another?
Does this violate the TOS?

Thanks for the input. I find this area very interesting myself. My brother, wife and I have some very deep and differing conversations regarding subjects like this. He is more of a straight by the bible christian while we are more open to things as Buddhism and some other eastern based beliefs intertwined with our thought on what God is. We were all raised as Catholics' and not the current problems of the church lead us away but our own life experiences and exposure to other cultures have caused all of us to rethink things. I believe in God (or an intelligent creator) however you want to label it, it is currently far beyond our full understanding (as far as I believe) so I try to decipher things that make sense to me, lead a positive life style for myself, family and people I meet. If you have any questions I'd be glad to answer what I can. Have a great day.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:01 AM

24,056 posts, read 32,378,688 times
You sound similar to me. I was raised in the Lutheran Church and I do not have any negative feelings about my faith, and I still attend church on holidays and occasions BUT I do not think that Christianity corners the market on truth. I am very very open to other belief systems, including paganism, new age and Eastern religions.
What I am NOT open to are people who deride the open and sincere questions of people such as yourself. Also Fundamentalists of any stripe can keep their narrow beliefs to themselves as far as I am concerned. But they never seem to do that...
Anyway I will have a good day and you have one as well!
As far as the poster who made fun of you - she or he will have the kind of day commensurate with her heart. and I for one would not want to have that day.
If you have any info about that clairvoyant i.e. contact info or more about your experience with her please dm me.
thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley