U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley
 [Register]
Lehigh Valley Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 07:19 AM

518 posts, read 1,634,883 times

Advertisements

Took a ride with my Mom and 2 young children, just to look around. We drove thru many different neighborhoods and for the most part the properties were very nicely kept. I saw that there were signs up for the community pool and I didn't even know you had one. Could not find a picture of it on line but I did notice it has a swim team. The school appear to be very updated and the fields and playgrounds seem top notched.

We then went to the Promenade for lunch, always love this shopping area. My kids played in the water fountain, must be prepared for total drenching--they never come away just a little wet! I did notice the teenagers hanging out and I was impressed on the fact that they were not obnoxious or strange looking. Their pants were around their waist! This is a big issue for me. I didn't see strange piercings and wild colored hair-not that that bothers me too much since you can only get away with that behavior when you are young. But it was a very pleasant afternoon and I drove back to NJ wishing I wasn't for the first time ever leaving the Lehigh Valley.

Also I must say that some of the developments I drove thru were on hills and the distant views were spectacular, I could never get tired of waking up to sunrises and sunsets.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 09:26 AM

12,870 posts, read 29,506,883 times
Here's a link for the pool - Southern Lehigh Community Pool It's really good for when the kids are little. There are two parks in Southern Lehigh - the one where the pool is is called Living Memorial and it's off of 309 across from the Giant grocery store. The little league plays there. The other park is Upper Saucon Park off of Preston Lane, just a 1/4 mile from route 378. Soccer teams play there and there's a huge walking path that circles and goes through the whole thing. Our library is also right in the park - Southern Lehigh Public Library

Glad you had a great day. I agree about the pants thing. The very low ones never really caught on and there's a dress code in the schools that's kept pretty well.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:20 AM

392 posts, read 1,272,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familymom View Post
I did notice the teenagers hanging out and I was impressed on the fact that they were not obnoxious or strange looking. Their pants were around their waist!:
Must be because there is no public transportation to there.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:01 PM

12,870 posts, read 29,506,883 times
I actually think the LANTA bus route has it's southernmost stop at the Promenade shops. At least that's what I saw when I last looked at the route map, but I've never actually seen the bus there.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Lehigh Valley