Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2007, 02:10 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,998,710 times

Advertisements

Hi -

We were in Lexington a couple of weeks ago working with an excellent realtor and came up with three houses that would all work (can't make an offer for another week or two, long story). By the way, I have a 5 year old daughter who will be in kindergarten. The realtor was steering us towards good neighborhoods and schools and in the end, the three homes are in Garden Springs, Veterans, and Clays Mill elementary school districts. I've compared a lot of numbers and Veterans is the highest, but is that the reputation in Lexington?

Let's see, while I'm at it, the homes are in Firebrook, Pinnacle and Copper Run. I like each house for different reasons so I was also wondering if anyone can add any thoughts about these neighborhoods to help me decide.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 02:22 PM

891 posts, read 3,052,115 times
Veterans is better thought of than the other two schools you mention.
IMO Firebrook is more attractive. I find the homes more appealing probably because they actually used brick instead of siding. I believe the homes in Firebrook were built by more upscale builders as well.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:00 PM

Yep, Firebrook definitely rates as my favorite neighborhood; Pinnacle my favorite house; Copper Run my favorite backyard. I change my mind every day!

Old 06-20-2007, 04:04 PM

283 posts, read 1,025,830 times
I would also think beyond elementary to middle and high schools! Some of the districts with the best elementary schools have a middle school that is not too great. Ditto for high schools.

Veteran's Park is certainly the best by test scores and reputation. It's complicated when you look at all three levels of schools. Depends on how long you plan to stay there, your interest in resale value, etc.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:02 AM

Thanks, good point. I think this first house is just for the interim (3-5 years). We should be able to bounce into a higher price range soon, once all of the dust clears, ahem... I hear Morton is the best middle school.

OK, what about a neighborhood called "The Colony"? My daughter - not to mention dogs - are begging for a bigger back yard.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:23 AM

891 posts, read 3,052,115 times
The Colony is an older subdivision off of Versailles Rd right inside of New Circle. I don't think it is in a very good school district (elementary at least). It has been rediscovered within the last few years and there are some new homes that have been built. It's a handy location and the yards are very big.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
View detailed profiles of: