Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,987 times

Advertisements

We are possibly moving to Lexington from Austin, TX where we enjoy getting out on Lake Travis and Lake Austin, kayking, stand up paddle boarding, etc. water sports. I am looking at Lexington as see ...Reservoir 1, Reservoir 2, 3, 4, etc. Do these bodies of water have public access? The name seems strange. If not, are there spots in or around the Lexington area where folks go for water sports? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 PM

969 posts, read 2,818,760 times
You can canoe/kayak/paddle boat on one of them at Jacobson Park. Most of them are surrounded by private property. Basically, those are our drinking water. They are owned by Kentucky-American Water Company (KAWC).

Around here, folks go to Herrington Lake for boating and to ski.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:40 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Jacobson Park is a nice park on Richmond Road. It's really popular in Lexington. The lake has public access, people fish and paddle boat. There's a public golf course (Lakeside Golf Course) on the other side of Jacobson Park.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:11 PM

141 posts, read 545,292 times
don't have anything to add spefically to answer your question, but just wanted to say, nice screen name! :-) I am a born and raised Texan, and would never consider myself anything else! I just moved here from Houston/Galveston area a year ago, first time moving out of Texas. But I went to UT so had 4 amazing years in Austin, and my parents have a laek house on LAke Travis, my favrotie place in the world! We were just there last weekend visiting. I miss it A LOT, and unfortunately, although there are lots of outdoorsy type stuff to do here, most of it is my land stuff like hiking, biking, etc. I miss my Lakes!!

BTW- are you a Longhorn fan? I have recently started the Lexington Texas Exes chapter...let me know if you want more info when you get here!

Old 07-19-2010, 07:06 PM

15 posts, read 36,053 times
How would we go about finding property that is on one of these reservoirs?

Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txvol View Post
How would we go about finding property that is on one of these reservoirs?
There is property on the lake or "reservoir" that is inside New Circle Road. Neighborhoods like Lakewood and The Island. Those areas can be expensive though. I'm not sure if there are any lots left out there. It was developed years ago.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:06 AM

I think the only lots that may be available would be in Elerslie at Delong.....but they were all sold the last time I looked at the plat in the model home.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:59 AM

218 posts, read 636,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXpert View Post
I think the only lots that may be available would be in Elerslie at Delong.....
None of the lots in that development(Ellerslie) have any actual lake frontage nor do they have ANY access to the water.

The only subdivsions which have access to the water are Lakeview Estates, Lake View Acres, Lakeview Island and Edgewater Estates. Waterfront properties here come with membership in the Lakeview Estates Lake Association(LELA) which, through dues, maintains the dam and lake which they own.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:58 PM

Sorry...I confused Txvol with TXtoKY, who had been looking for lots in other threads....You are spot on for property with houses already built. Lake Side also has property like that. So does Lake Crossing, but likes Ellerslie, you have the view but no access.

There is a fixer upper on Edgewater that is on a small pond for $255k.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:36 PM

15 posts, read 36,053 times
Thanks everybody. That was what I needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area