U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 05:46 AM

21 posts, read 114,447 times

Advertisements

I am not trying to promote my idea on here, as I know the rules.

What I am seriously looking to do is create a race horse partnership on a horse, that has potential to win some races.

I am a young man, and I have a huge passion in horse racing. I have been working with someone else from Lexington (I am from Cincinnati) and we have kicked around many ideas about race horse partnerships -- and we have come to the conclusion that A.) There will be associated costs B.) With enough people involved we could make this half way affordable C.) We could open partnerships up via barter for the horse D.) There could perhaps be a demand if I can make the price half way realistic.

Anyways, I would love to recieve your opinions and thoughts, I posted an ad on Lexington Community Craigslist -- If you do have an interest in maybe being a part of it let me know via DM. However, I really would love your opinions on finding people, assoc. costs, etc.

Everyone is entitled to your opinion and I would love to hear yours, however, please do not shoot me down with something such as "that is a stupid idea" -- Lets try to keep it half way positive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 08:37 AM

62 posts, read 137,902 times
Although the horse industry has been particularly hurt by this economy, you will still be able to find people interested in such a venture. I think the key will be to know what you are doing, know what the associated costs are and upkeep, have a positive and consistent track record showing good results, and most importantly have one hell of a conviction about a particular horse you can claim at a good price.

With these things in line you should have no trouble raising money, it sounds as though, from your post, that you are interested in the industry but do no currently have the experience or facilities to make this deal happen. What sort of experience do you have?

Old 10-19-2010, 11:57 AM

21 posts, read 114,447 times
First thanks for your post, you are right, I am rather more of a novice than I am a professional when it comes to owning a horse, I do however have race horse history in my family. Therefore, I do know some of the associated costs that come along with being part of a stable.

As for experience, my partner is a little more well heeled in that aspect working for one of Kentucky's more reputable stables. In regards to the claiming aspect, I believe that there are horses out there that you can claim for a realistic standpoint. I am actually more concerned about selling the horse if I had too, as opposed to claiming one that is worth the money.

I would venture too say that it mostly luck in claiming a horse that we can place in the correct races with a shot of winning. My partner and I have been kicking around some ideas about getting this thought process off the ground and have more of a concrete position as opposed to just an idea.

Let me know if you have any other words of wisdom or interest in talking about it more.

Thanks
Charlie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area