Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 06:51 PM

891 posts, read 3,052,937 times

Advertisements

I just verified with a neighbor and Eastern is the league that most Ashland/Chevy Chase families participate in .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 07:10 PM

283 posts, read 1,026,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
I just verified with a neighbor and Eastern is the league that most Ashland/Chevy Chase families participate in .
Thanks Lexingtongal! I need to study the Eastern site more to determine the boundaries. Does anyone happen to know if the boundaries are sort of arbitrary (meaning that even if we live in a certain neighborhood, we might be able to belong to different baseball leagues?)

What leagues do the Beaumont Center areas play in? I haven't heard, but I would guess they would be competitive as well.

Thanks again, as always, for all your help.

Last edited by ic-epi; 07-10-2007 at 07:19 PM..

Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 AM

1 posts, read 12,533 times
Default Youth baseball in Lex

While I realize that there are several options for youth baseball in Lexington we have played at Gardenside Little League going on our 9th year with second child in Little League. If your son or daughter watches the Little league World Series at all then this is the league for you. We are very competitive along with a friendly/welcoming board and parent body. For the 4th time in 6 years we have an All-Star team competing in the Little League State Tournament. We have 7 Districts of Little League in Kentucky with around 13 leagues in each District. It isn't like Cal Ripken where there are only 3 leagues within each District. We played 12 other teams for the chance to compete at the state level. We have many, many high school players that developed their skills at Gardenside and still come back occassionally to watch. We have a great time and welcome new children to the league. We have 4 divisions: T-Ball, Rookie, Minor and Major. Our district includes from Nicholasville Road to Paris Pike with children in Fayette, Jessamine, Woodford counties. You can go to our web-site Gardenside Little League and check us out.
We also have Fall Ball for those who aren't sure about the league or division of play. Starts after Labor Day and ends around the thrid week of October.
Check us out
taximom3x

Old 08-15-2007, 06:01 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,428 times
As a parent of a college baseball player who has lived and breathed baseball, I can tell you tons about baseball in Lexington. However, I just read you're moving to Woodford Co. Based on your description of what you're looking for, I suspect Woodford county will probably fit the bill very well.

Lexington has many kinds of leagues including Pony League, Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth, and Little League. Travel teams which are sanctioned in a variety of ways are also present. The high schools in Lexington are frequented on a regular basis by area scouts with a lot of those kids going on to play college ball. If a kid is serious about baseball here, he typically will play all year... especially once high school age.

If you have any questions pertaining to the area in general related to baseball, feel free to ask.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:08 AM

283 posts, read 1,026,027 times
Thanks taximom3x and bluegrassgirl for that great information. Gardenside little league actually sounds interesting as my son likes a competitive league, just not one that is not so competitive that it takes the fun away from the game and is very high-pressure. Kind of hard to find that balance. Although we are in Woodford county he still has the option of joining some of the Lexington leagues so that's nice.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:59 AM

14 posts, read 54,963 times
Look at Kentucky.com and sports.... Southeastern League here in Lexington just won the Cal ripken tournament for 12 yr. olds and 10 year old just lost final game. I would search Southeastern Good luck

Old 08-23-2007, 08:32 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,499 times
I played for South Lexington LL and then Dixie Babe Ruth. Coming out of the city, it was always between us and Southeastern. I made the all-stars and was able to travel the country playing in tournaments against teams from all over, including a couple World Series.

It was unfortunate b/c Southeastern and one team from L'ville were usually our best competition, even between some of the Ohio Valley all-star teams that made it out of their state, and only one team advanced.

The level of competition between those leagues is very good and the parents are usually very involved. I think some restructuring has gone on over the years as Lexington grew but those areas were the best in my days. Baseball is pretty strong around here all the way through high school.

Old 10-24-2007, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 12,402 times
This coming from an Ecton Park/ Chevy Chase Mom who has been around baseball for quite a while--my son is ten and has been playing at Ecton since T-ball. It's a small park with a small hometown feel and a great environment for a child who is serious about baseball, but doesn't want the stress of the uber-competitive leagues such as South East and South Lexington. We welcome players from all areas, however, out-of-area players need to apply for a waiver if they are interested in playing on All Stars. A plug for our team: The BlueJays are the team to be on. Great coaches, great kids and great parents. Hope to meet you at the park this Spring!

Old 07-18-2008, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 11,297 times
Default Umpire seeking Job

I am from St. Louis, MO and I go to school at the University of Kentucky in Lexington. I was wondering if I could get contact information for hiring a qualified umpire in some local youth leagues. If anybody has information I will gladly accept an e-mail at: jmsmusicman@uky.edu

Thank you,

Joe

Old 11-16-2008, 09:09 AM

1 posts, read 10,590 times
I am a ex pro baseball player in the lexington area and give hitting lessons. If anyone interested you can contact me by email at [email]chadgreenmvp@hotmail.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area