Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2007, 11:55 AM

3 posts, read 12,167 times

Advertisements

I am looking for any info I can get on Day Care recommendations in Lexington. We will have a 2 month old going into day care the first week of March 2008. Looking in the nicholasville/Tates creek road area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 06:28 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyalumtwin View Post
I am looking for any info I can get on Day Care recommendations in Lexington. We will have a 2 month old going into day care the first week of March 2008. Looking in the nicholasville/Tates creek road area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I'm a bit hesitant to share this, simply because it's been many years since my kids were in day care. However, KinderCare on Wellington Way was a dream of a day care.

When my kids entered day care, I called three if I remember correctly. I was very concerned about my oldest one (then 5) eating. He was such a picky eater! LaPetite told me that they "don't prepare special meals" and "we don't allow food to be brought in" and "we encourage the children to eat what's prepared". Ok.... I agree with that..... BUT, if my kid won't eat... what will you do? They offered absolutely no encouragement or support that they could make any adjustments. They and another day care told me I'd have to schedule my visits so that I "don't interfer with nap times". Hummmm....

Then I called Kinder Care on Wellington Way to hear that they too, encouraged the kids to eat from what was a healthy and well balanced meals. However, they always made sure that every child ate SOMETHING. My very picky son, who if it wasn't for peanut butter for two years of his life, I'm convinced he would have starved to death! He would go to the kitchen and they would fix him peanut butter/crackers or a PBJ... something that the kid would eat. They allowed me to come anytime, unscheduled, for a visit. That pretty much won me over on the phone. My kids went there for several years during a very difficult time period in my life. They provided a loving, sanitary, and supportive environment for my children and myself. I never had one bad thing to say about the place. I hope that it's still that way.... might be worth checking out.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:58 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Thanks, bluegrassgirl. As a retired school teacher Kinder Care sounds like it would be a nice place to work. We are also considering a move to Lexington area.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:12 AM

26 posts, read 186,114 times
Default The best daycare in lexington

THe best daycare in lexington hands down is kids r kids. They have great teachers, great ratio's, great area's,clean and best of all they have camera's you can look in on you kids while your at work. Most rooms have three camera's at three different angles so you can see them no matter where they are. It gives great comfort to parents and its almost like your there with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area